Tuesday, November 22, 2005

YUMMY YUMMY!!!!

           

Well, my turkey is here already!  I am just waiting for Thursday to come when I can get up early and do the cooking.  With my sister's permission, I shared her Pumpkin Roll recipe with Betty and she made it and published it in her Home Life Decorating Blog.  I love this recipe.  My sister always makes it for us.  She's the pro!  I sometimes have problems rolling it, but I will tell you, it's better hands down than pumpkin pie and I love pumpkin pie.

Today is day 22 of the November Challenge.  Just today and tomorrow to get your comments to me either in my comment threads or e-mail.  I'm going to be a busy little bee the next couple of days sending them back to you.  This has been a lot of fun for me.  I hope it has been for you.

This morning, I am thankful that we have all we need and much of what we want.  There is no blessing that can top that.  We are as broke as we've ever been, but payday is around the corner, there is food in the refrigerator, we have a home, heat, pets and MUCH LOVE.  There were times in Mexico when we worried about tomorrow's meals.  There have been times when my children were growing up that we worried about food and a place to live.  For today, those worries are well in the past.  I am grateful to God for His provision for us.

Here are the pictures of the pumpkin roll that Betty took:

   

Doesn't that look yummy?  I will tell you, it's scrumptious. 

Be blessed today, my friends

      

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for enough food in my home to know I can feed my children and myself without any worries. Knowing that there are families out there who can't afford food, is heartbreaking.
Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

Oh that pumpkin roll looks delicious!  And so glad you have a nice turkey in your home.  God is good to us both Penny.  I was thankful to be able to afford food also.  I was truly touched when a missionary came to our church from South America and spoke of large families who were lucky to have one egg to share for dinner.  So very truly sad.  Hugs to you and I put some thankful thoughts in my journal today too as I've been in a funk and nothing like happy thoughts to bring one out of a funk.  Hugs,
Lisa

http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/  

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a beautiful, special Thanksgiving, Penny.  :-)
www.annalisa135.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

A former neighbor of mine used to make that.  Yes it IS great.  I'm thankful today that gasoline prices have been going down.

Anonymous said...

Yum, that looks absolutely delish!  I am excited for Thanksgiving!  It's definately one of my favorite holidays!  I cannot WAIT to eat green bean casserole! :)  I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving Penny!
Hugs,
Heather
http://singingwithmyheart.blogspot.com
http://journals.aol.co.uk/heathyrxmarie/SingingWithMyHeart/

Anonymous said...

Oh my Penny, I want to make one of those.  My daughter-in-law called to ask me what I'm making.  I'm going to make a fresh Cranberry-walnut Jello salad like my Aunt Betty used to make and maybe, just maybe I'll try making this too.  Wish me luck.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try it on Thanksgiving.  Thanks again for the recipe.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Oh my that pumpkin roll looks good!
I am thankful that I have you for a friend Penny.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Yum, that pumpkin roll looks delicious! I wouldn`t try making it myself. I know I`d make a disaster out of it..lol.
I am thankful for my church family. They have been such a blessing to me.
Hugs,
~Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Hello there.
I couldn't find your journal!  I had the link but lost it.

Hope you are doing ok.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hello Penny,

The Pumpkin Roll looks scrumptious!

Just want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Tilly x