Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Second Try!

                      

I don't know what I did.  I was typing along on an entry and it disappeared.  I hate when I do that.  What key did I hit?  I just want to make sure I don't hit it again.  I'm still sleepy.  The first cup of coffee hasn't helped.  I'm having the rare second cup.

Today is day 9 of the November Challenge.  I have my work cut out for me!  Your comments and e-mails have been coming in and they are wonderful.  My hope is that after the challenge is finished, we will all spend more time looking for things we are thankful for, especially when we are not feeling thankful.

Today - now I know this will seem silly - I am thankful for our bed.  While living in Mexico, I never had a new bed.  It was always one that someone had donated.  Even after I became a widow and bought myself a "new" bed, it was used.  The last bed we slept in before moving back to the US was a very nice king size. Then we came back here.  A friend gave us a bed.  It was a nightmare for me.  I woke up in pain every day.  Our pastor had a bed in storage.  Anything would have to be better, and it was, but still I woke in pain.  We decided to look for a new bed to put in our new little home.

We were at the mall for me to get a water massage when Rob veered off to the Select Comfort store.  It wouldn't hurt to look, even if the beds were way out of our price range.  We lay down.  The salesman fixed the bed to our "numbers"  We put it on lay-away!  It was a major purchase for us, but we knew that Rob had been approved for compensation by the VA, so it was possible. The bed was delivered the day we moved in here.  We'd had the bed about four days when Rob asked me if I was sleeping better.  I was!  Most of the pain was gone!  It still is.  I awake fresh most mornings and pain-free.  It doesn't stay that way many days, but I know that when I sleep, it will get a little better. I am so grateful that we bought this bed!  My fibromyalgia is grateful as well. 

So now go!  Write out you gratitude and leave it here in a comment or in an e-mail  Time's a-wastin!

Be blessed today,

                  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today's Thankfulness:
I'm thankful that I'm part of an amazing women's bible study. Women who are not afraid to really dig deep, discuss Jesus, and share their testimony, even when it's sharing an "ugly" past, but showing just how Powerful, Almighty, and Loving Christ is.

Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/TalesfromtheFrontandtheonesleftB/

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my gentle, wonderful horse, who just took me on a nice little stroll through our woods... oh yes, and I'm thankful for the huge deer we saw.

Anonymous said...

Penny, Today I was looking outside of my living room window and saw the sign of fall ending, the weatherpeople are even predicting snow flurries today.  I love the cozy, warm feeling when winter first sets in. (Talk to me in Feb. I know I won't have the same feeling LOL).
I'm thankful our home is heated and hope everyone has the warmth and love in their homes like ours.  
Betty

Anonymous said...

I give thanks daily.

Gabreael

http://journals.aol.com/gabreaelinfo/GabreaelsBodyMindSpiritJournal/

Anonymous said...

todayI'm thankful for the friends I've met online.

(thanks for doing this)

betty

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for the legs I have to help me run the marathon for Lindsay!  Lelly

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my daughter, the joy of my life.
~Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Today (Weds) I am thankful for the abundance of food that is in America.  That I have food to eat.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink