Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Happy Monday!

               

Good Morning!  This is my Monday, folks.  I'm going back to work after two delicious days off.  I wonder why on my days off when I can sleep in, that I wake bright and early and then this morning I had such a hard time waking up.  There's got to be some psychological quality to that. 

Today is election day.  Rob and I receive mail ballots because there are just not enough people in this area for a polling place.  We studied the issues and sent our ballots early last week so that our votes would be counted.  I like having a voice in what happens in my state and in my country.  There are so many places in the world where people have no voice.  I don't like all the backbiting that happens at election time.  The commercials on television and radio are enough to cloud the issues.  I'm grateful I can read and decide for myself.

That brings me to day 8 of the November Challenge.  This morning I am grateful for my education, which by the way, is free in the United States.  Yes, I know that we have to buy new clothes and supplies, but at least through the first 12 academic years our education is free.  This is not the case in many places in the world, where education is only for the privileged.  I didn't finish high school - I was in such a hurry to fall in love and have children - but was able to go back many years later and complete to years in college for an AA degree.  My mom, who believed that education could only better our lives, was able to be there to watch me graduate.  Higher education is a gift I gave to myself.  I'm glad I did.

              

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy "Monday" to you too Penny!
Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Love your opening graphic. Today I'm grateful to the lovely lady who cut and blow dryed my hair, giving me an hours relaxation and "me" time. Makes such a difference, being pampered, helps you to carry on against the odds. Take care.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Hi your graphics are great!  I haven't figured out how to do that!!  I am thankful for the tornado missing us!  

Nice to meet you!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

For Monday I am grateful that John has a positive attitude about the bone marrow transplant.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink