Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Yellow House

This is day 10 of the November Challenge and I am truly grateful this morning.  The pictures here are of the house that my daughter Heather and her children will move into in the next few days.  She has waited a long time for this.  I won't go into all the details, but suffice it to say that this house at least has hot and cold running water and a heater!  We have been praying for this house for a long time.  Heather saw that it was vacant and wanted it right away.  The house is very close to the job she wanted - and got!  When you live on a mountain, it's hard to find a job or a place to live.  The cool jobs and houses are taken and mountain people just don't like to move.

This is very special.  I am so proud of my daughter and what she has accomplished in the last few months.  Many others would have thrown in the towel.  Thank you, Lord for giving me this lovely young woman for my daughter.

Be blessed today my friends,

             

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful today for the pain relief my custom-made orthotic shoe inserts have given me.  I'm taking a mile-and-a-half walk with my husband every day, which I never thought I'd be able to do again.  Thank You Lord.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful house, I hope your daughter and family will be happy in it. Jeannette.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

What a cute house! I pray she finds joy and growth in this house that the Lord has made a way for her to be in!

For today for the November Challenge: I'm thankful that my boys and myself  got to talk to my wonderful husband, who's in Kuwait! What a blessing technology is!

Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

what a nice house; best wishes to your daughter and her kids as they move into this house. Isn't the Lord great when He answers prayers like this in His perfect timing, way and will?

I'm thanful today that the Lord does hear me when I pray and does answer my prayers according to his time schedule which is always so much better than mine.

betty

Anonymous said...

Thank God for answered prayers! Today I am grateful for my own cozy home. It`s a little in the country, but yet close to everything. I love the peaceful surroundings and the beautiful trees and sky.
~Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Today I am thankful that all of my children are healthy and happy.  Lelly

Anonymous said...

Today I am thankful that I have a therapist that helps me.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I came by your journal from another Penny...Penny's Place...I'm also a 50 some mom.  Your journal is such a delight and so uplifting.....chris

Anonymous said...

Good for your daughter !  Happy to hear that things are going her way.  Tinahttp://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

I know you will feel peace in your soul with Heather safe and sound and happy. No one deserves it more. love you, lj

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your daughter Heather and the house!  What a wonderful event!  Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures!  How exciting they will be in their new home for the holidays!  God is so good and you have every right to be so proud of her.  Hugs,
Lisa