Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday Ramblings

                        

Sunday morning in Ventura.  We awoke to quite a chill in the air.  I'm one who is nearly always cold in the fall and winter months.  I put on my fuzzy shoes and heavy sweatshirt and wandered out to the computer.  I'm still not caught up on my journal reading, but have at least made a dent in it.  If you get a comment for something you did days ago, it's probably me. I really miss my laptop.  We are going to take it in to see how much the repairs will be.  I hate that this happened so near to Christmas.  I may have to wait until next month to get it fixed.

We are going to go tree shopping today.  We were going to do it last night after I got home from work, but Rob hurt his back and football was on.  It was fine with me.  I picked up some Chinese and we stuffed ourselves and went to sleep. Good for the diet, I know, but I was still exhausted from Thanksgiving anyway.  Andrea went to Sam's Club with Hank, so it was kinda quiet around here anyway. 

Andrea has now gone off to Sunday school and I am deciding what I will wear to church.  I don't have to translate today, so I will just relax and enjoy the service.  I usually put on a headset to listen to the translator.  This way if he gets stuck I can help.  Next week I am working on Sunday, an unusual step for me.  But my co-worker never gets andy real time off, so I am subbing for her so she can go to a rodeo.  I really like Elaine.  She's a down-to-earth gal.  The customers love her.  I would think she is the best advertisement for the business.  People come in, see me and ask for her.  They hope I haven't replaced her.  I would never be able to do that.  She's one of a kind. 

I guess I am just rambling along here.  The sun is out now, but I am still freezing.  I could never live where there is snow.  I'd probably die.  Or at least turn into a really round popsicle.  My hat is off to my kids and to those of you who live in those areas.  You gotta be tough!  I'm a wimp and proud of it.

Be blessed today on the Lord's Day,

                    

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Penny, I've lived in Western Washington all my life. And every now and then we get snow down here in the lowlands.  I used to like it, as a kid...thought it was great.  But now it's different..I'm 64 and still have to drive to work in the mornings and I dread the thought of snow. My knees, hips and hands ache with old Arthur Ritis in the cold damp winter.  I keep saying that Southern California or Arizona looks better and better for winter time living each day. You're not a whimp..just smart!   Linda in Washington

Anonymous said...

Living way out here in the Northeast is no treat come winter!  It was freezing yesterday and I thought I'd never get warm.  Today it's in the low 50's.  It's no wonder everywhere we head there is coughing and sneezing and miserable looking folks with colds.  Looking ahead to spring!

Anonymous said...

We're in Germany woke up to Snow on Friday! It's so beautiful!!!

Christy http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/TalesfromtheFrontandtheonesleftB/

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a peaceful Sunday afternoon. I would like to know a little more about the translating you do at Service. Is it for the deaf? (I'm learning Signing)


Enjoy your evening.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I live in Montana; but I grew up basically in the San Diego area. I've been in Montana for close to eight years now and I am always cold from October through May. The only time I feel warm is when I'm in bed all snuggled up or taking a hot shower. Its a challenge to think warm thoughts. I always say I wish I could bottle up a hot summer day and let it out in the cold of January.

betty

Anonymous said...

I'd freeze in a cold climate too. I'm just so miserable when I get cold. Give me tropical heat any day!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that ur day is going good!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's not so bad with the snow. Think of it as constant opportunities for delights like hot chocolate and warm apple cider :)
With peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Yum to Chinese food...I think I will get some tomorrow. I enjoyed your Thanksgiving pics from the previous entry. Tooo cute! You may be a wimp when it comes to cold, but I am a bigger wimp when it comes to birds. They absolutely terrify me!
~Penny

Anonymous said...

I hope Robs back is better...i am always cold..my feet are like ice siscles.....you are such a wonderful friend and coworker to offer to work so your friend can go to the rodeo. The people i work with are nothing likethat!!!
Take care sweet friend!
love, lisa jo