Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Happy November

Happy November, everyone!  I sure am glad Halloween is over.  We don't get kids by here anyway because we live in an industrial area, but the night is not my favorite.  I'm a little disappointed because at the Harvest Festival at my church, a few of the adults wore scary costumes.  I mean, wasn't the whole deal that we put off the evil and put on Jesus?  I love my church, but we won't participate in that activity again.  I'm saddened that some of them think they need scary things to attract people to the Lord.

November, however, is the month for Thanksgiving.  We have time to think about the reasons we have to give thanks and a special day set aside to be grateful.  Of course, I think we should find something to be grateful for every day, it just makes the day look brighter.  I'm going to try not to rush through November to get ready for Christmas.  Christmas will come anyway and I just want to enjoy the thankful time.

Today I am thankful that my back and neck are just a little bit better, thanks to the wonderful world of medicine.  I slept okay and feel like I can go to work and be somewhat productive.  I'm still not 100%, but then I probably wasn't that when I started out.  I am thankful that we have made time in our busy day for prayer today.  It brought the focus back from disappointment and anger to the joy of the Lord.  that's what it's all about for me. 

I'm off now to start another day.  Be blessed, my friends!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your back and neck are starting to feel better! Happy November 1st!
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

Have a good day, Doodle!  Shake the whole Halloween business off!

:)

andi

Anonymous said...

Penny feel better!!!! Three days and my ironing is finished...I know I shouldn't iron.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Glad your neck and back is healing. Jeannette.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!  Thanks for dropping by and signing my guestbook!  :)  I'm glad Halloween is over too...  I couldn't stand seeing all that Halloween stuff near the Christmas stuff...  I love Christmas, I just wish it wasn't so commercialized!!  
Julie :)  

Anonymous said...

Happy November!  Glad that your neck and back are feeling somewhat better.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry! It made me think about how good God has been to me and my family...Sometimes it is easier to see all the things that we don't have or all the things that go wrong...but you have lifted up my spirit...thanks so much!!!
carlene

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!  I just thought it was a general rule of thumb that harvest parties at church meant NO dark or scary costumes!  what were those people thinking?!