Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving and the End of the November Challenge

                                 

A challenge I made for thankfulness

Your thanks I asked, and nothing less

Day by day I mentioned my own Hoping that I'd reap what was sown. 

Here it is the already the twenty-third

And many of you are readying the bird

I'm doing that too, my friends, today

And counting the blessings along the way. 

 Below are my thanks as I've written each day

I couldn't ask you if I didn't play. 

I am going to save this list of thankfulness

For the days when my life is just not bliss

I'll look at these things as gentle reminders

There's a way to be grateful if I take off my blinders

Happy Thanksgiving from my family to you

Here are my words yes, faithful and true:  

*****************************************************************

I am thankful that my son John introduced me to journalling.

I am thankful that my back & neck are better and that we made time for prayer

I am grateful that our bills are paid and that we have money left over.

I am thankful for answered prayer.

I am grateful for J-Land

I am grateful for my husband Robert.

I am grateful for our friend Hank

I am grateful for nearly 30 years of sobriety.

I am grateful for my health I am thankful for my education

I am so grateful for our bed

I am thankful for my daughter Heather

I am truly grateful to those who have and will continue to serve to keep our country free

I am grateful for friendship

I am grateful for creative "pooper scoopers" sometimes it's the little things

I am grateful for precious memories

I am thankful we have enough

I am grateful for my past - it makes me who I am today.

I am very grateful to be smoke-free for 17 years

I am grateful for my family

I am grateful for my mother's love

I am grateful for my church

I am so thankful that we have all we need and most of what we want

I am grateful for those who have shared their gratitude with me.  

Most of all, I am grateful for my salvation in Jesus Christ who died for me.  

Be blessed today,                                                                                                           

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have a lot to be thankful for if we'd only stop and count our blessings. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Yes..we really do have a lot to be thankful for even when things might look bleak.  Blessings to you and your Penny..

Anonymous said...

What a great entry Penny - I feel I know you so much better!

Hope you had a great day with the family.

Tilly x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic list!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

What a great list!! I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving Penny!
Hugs,
Heather