Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Time OFF!!!

           

 

This is so cool!  I was off Sunday and Monday and am off tomorrow and Thursday as well.  I really need this time with Rob and Andrea.  A lot of times its like we are ships passing in the night.  I come home so very tired and want nothing more than a light supper and my jammies.  They want my attention.  They want to show me what they've done for the day.  Dufus wants my attention . . .Scooter starts cooing as soon as I walk in the door (he's a dove, for crying out loud) and Sammy the greyhound can't wait to beat me up with his tail.  Tomorrow and Thursday they get me all day.  It's nice to be loved.

Please pray for my boss.  He's just returned from a trip to Africa and is now very very sick.  He was transferred to ICU this morning.  He's a robust man a little older than me, so we are all surprised at his quick and critical illness.  Elaine and I were very quiet today.  She has worked for the company longer than he has and she's come to know both him and his wife quite well.  I've just know him eight months, but he's an easy person to like and to work for. 

Well, my friends, I am going to post the December Challenge tomorrow morning.  I hope you will all participate with me.  I think it will be very interesting and fun.  I expect we will post until the 21st or 22nd and I will send you back your e-mails right after that.  Do you want to know what we're going to do?  Check in tomorrow!  I'll probably post it by around 12 noon our time here in California.  I'm excited about this.  I would like to see us do a monthly challenge - might be stretching ourselves a bit, but maybe the challenge will be diverse enough to be quite enjoyable. 

Our Christmas tree is purchased and sparkling.  We got a fiber-optic tree.  It looks so wonderful at night. Rather than blinking lights, the light just seems to flow through the bulbs and branches.  Really reaallly cool!

I'm of now to see what kind of trouble I can get into before I dropoff to sleep.  I can't believe how tired I am . . .

Blessings to you all,

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice night and sweet dreams!

Anonymous said...

enjoy your days off! looking forward to what the December challenge will be :)

I bet the fiber-optic tree is just beautiful!

betty

Anonymous said...

Good for you...everyone needs time off to be able to enjoy their homelife some!
I have had three weeks off...I had the flu and my husband had a heart attack last Tues. morning....so I sot of had to skip the challenge alittle last time....sorry...
hugs,
Carlene

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the December challenge.  And I think a monthly one is a great idea!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the December challenge.  And I think a monthly one is a great idea!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about coming home at the end of the day and the dogs are there to greet you... I don't know anyone who has a dove! But having a few days off over the holidays was very nice. My kids are grown, and my husband gets home later than I do, so we both are usually tired by the end of the day. I will pray for your boss. He must have picked up something while he was in Africa? I have Africa on my mind a lot. Zimbabwe, specifically. ZOE project is one I support (Zimbabwe Orphans Endeavor). I hope he gets well very soon. Enjoy your time off. Bea    

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your much-needed time off.

Anonymous said...

Your boss in in my prayers, may he make a quick and complete recovery.  Enjoy your time off and do with it whatever you will!

Anonymous said...

I do hope your boss gets well soon Penny.  I have a fibre optic tree and they are very pretty.  Will have to start decorating it soon, and getting the house sorted for Christmas.  It`s lovely when your pets greet you home at night, as you say it`s nice to be loved!  Would you mind if I snag your welcome graphic? :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Isn`t it nice coming home to such love? Your tree sounds great.
What`s your boss sick from - do they know? I will keep him in my prayers for sure.
~penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

I love fiber optic things....sending my thoughts & prayers for your boss speedy recovery.
Gem