Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving Day

         

I just thought this graphic was so cute!  Over the years, tradition has placed us at the table with a variety of persons.  We have had and have been the grandparents.  We've been the kids and the parents.  This year, though there are just four of us, Thanksgiving is proving to be a wonderful experience again.  My pumpkin roll came out of the pan perfectly and I am getting ready to make the filling now.  I can hardly wait. 

We are eating a little late this year because I slept in.  The turkey is looking wonderful, will be done soon.  I'm so thankful that I can cook for my loved ones.  Tomorrow it will be leftovers, which I also love.  And we will begin to prepare for Christmas.  We have decided on a tree and will probably get it in the next few days.  Rob has worked hard to ready our living room for its arrival.

But for today, I'm not in a hurry.  I'm going to share my gratitude with my family, see the end of the football and maybe watch a movie.  How much better can it get? 

You are all in my prayers today.  Blessings,

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Blessings right back at ya!  Let's all be thankful tonight.

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute graphic! I`m so happy you are having an enjoyable day with your loved ones.
God bless--
~Penny

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving!
BTW, I love your Vivi award in your All About Me Section!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I love the left overs too! Glad you had a good day. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

YEPPERS GONNA PUT MY TREE UP TOMORROW HOPFUL LY

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what it must be like to have two such massive celebrations so close to each other. The turket here at Christmas is enough to keep most Brits going the whole year. Does it tend to be dry as a bone in the states too?

Glad you had such a wonderful time and the Pumpkin roll sounds delicious. I used to make pumpkin muffins and they were the best. I used to use tinned pumpkin (is that sacrilege?) but unfortunately,it's not readily available.

Tilly x

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a peaceful Thanksgiving Day!  I've been doing some back reading in your journal and just wanted to tell you I think Joyce Meyers is awesome!  I have several of her tapes, books, and booklets.  

Darlene

Anonymous said...

What a great Thanksgiving Day graphic!  My dinner was a little late this year too cuz I slept in until about 10am but it felt sooooo good.  We were so stuffed!  Hope ya find just the right tree.  Happy Holidays dear Penny and family! Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It doesn't get much better than that! Glad you had a good relaxful day and thanks again for your work on the November Challenge :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you had a Thanksgiving as cheerful, warm and welcoming as your graphic!  God bless you and yours.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I hope that the rest of your Thanksgiving day was a special one for you!! You are so wise to know when times are good and you are able to be thankful. I am thankful for you, you know. I love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving!  I too slept in a bit, but managed to get the meal together and on the table by the time I stated it would be there.  LOL.  We sat and chatted and then did a movie-thon.  Nice quiet and peaceful day.