Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday Morning Question

From Sometimes I Think, Krissy asks what our plans for Labor Day are.  I can't believe it's Monday already! 

                              

Well, I'm working on Saturday, but have Sunday and Monday off.  Rob says we aren't getting on the road at all.  Maybe we will have a small barbecue just for ourselves and just rest and play right here at home. 

The church will probably have something planned for the kids, so Andrea might not want to be with the old fogies.  Oh, well.  Holidays like this have unfortunately become more of a pain than the fun that it was when I was younger.  Too many people on the road, trying to "last gasp" their summer.  I'll just be happy to have the day off.

Blessings, Penny

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree completely - that's why I so desperately want to get out of here early on Friday!!

Anonymous said...

I've "last gasped" today, roll on tomorrow. keep laughing.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Congrats for having two days off!  Just having that will be joy enough!  And why go out if you can barbeque at home?  And play at home?  That sounds perfect Penny.  Spend lots of down time Penny, you deserve it, you work such long hours!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Me too.... staying home and chasing hubby around the house! :) Penny

Anonymous said...

Thank you and you too!  I am hoping to feel well enough to paint hanah's room!
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

having a couple of days off is Great. Sometimes the BEST holiday is a Calm holiday.
Enjoy
Kate