Friday, August 26, 2005

FRIDAY

Yes, truly TGIF!  Tomorrow I still have to work, but it's not a school day, so I don't have to get up early to make up all of Andrea's work.  I got a call today from the school psychologist to set up a time for what they call SST or student study team.  This time I'm not going to let them throw stuff at me . . .I'm going to insist that she be tested for learning problems so that I can help her.  Last year, we had 3 such meetings and all they did was throw more paperwork my way - have her do this - try this.  They don't seem to get that she really needs some help.  She can't remember what a story is about 2 seconds after she reads it or has it read to her.  She also can't remember the content of her latest favorite TV show.  I know there are tools to help her begin to comprehend and I know that if I have them, I can help her.  It's so frustrating for her not to be successful at her school work.  It frustrating for me, too, but I have a way to talk about it.  She just has tears.  Guys, please pray that this year they will help her before its too late.  She's growing up so fast!  She needs to be able to make a go of her life.  I want the very best for her.

Thanks to all of you for your concern for KT.  She's still hanging in there, but is not eating much.  We are concerned about that, but it's been so hot here I don't feel like eating either.  The vet believes the internal bleeding has stopped and that she is not in pain.  This is our biggest concern.  If she can stay comfortable, then we will be okay with that.  We don't want her to suffer.

It's been a couple of the hottest days on record for the area where I live and work.  The temperature topped 102 degrees yesterday and was over 100 at 10:30 this morning. I'm not used to such heat.  We don't have air conditioning here at work or at home.  I left the lights off in the office today and that has helped some.  Rob promised to leave the fans on at home.  Heat makes my poor body swell up and my feet look like balloons by the end of the day.  Even the water pills don't help much.  I'm hoping it will be cooler tomorrow.

It's almost closing time here.  I don't know how I would survive work without my laptop.  When no one comes in all day, I can get my work done early and play Pogo or write in my journal.  I'm working on a book for missionaries and today I even had enough time to work on it.  I can only read so many books without falling asleep.  And they pay me for this!  I am so grateful! 

Blessings to one and all

Penny

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has she been complely tested medically to dtermine if all is well? I hate to see any homeschooler  get involved with school districts, as they are never on your side.
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Penny do you make your cool tags?  

I hope you can find the help your daughter needs, don't let the school get away with not helping.

I just received a wonderful phone call my Grandson is back in remission (he has a kidney disease)....hopefully he will be weaned of his meds in about two months.  He is starting school on Monday...off the meds will make him feel so much better.
Betty

Anonymous said...

IS YOUR DAUGHTER HOME SCHOOLED???

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely weekend, hope you get Andrea's problems sorted.
Sylvia

http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

I will put Andrea on the prayer chain.  
Wow, over 100 degrees and no air conditioning.  I can't imagine.
Have a nice weekend.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for Andrea and KT!  It's so hard to see your child struggle when you know they have such amazing potential...  trust me, am there and am doing that!  
<<HUGS>>
Keep us posted about KT.  I will pray for peace, that's the best, I guess.
I hope the weather lets up soon.  The heat does the same to me too... maybe it's a fibro thing?  Try to stay cool and healthy!
~Miss o

Anonymous said...

Cutest graphic!  It's hot here too!  I'm actually thankful for the rain from Katrina because it's cooling things down but we are getting headaches from the pressure.  Hugs, stay coool and have a great weekend,
Lisa