Thursday, August 25, 2005

A little of this, a pinch of that . . .

KT is feeling better today and we are grateful.  Elaine has had her for over 10 years - since she was just a pup.  She's taking a little food.  We are encouraged by this.  We still don't know if its cancer or if she will survive much longer.  I can't imagine work without KT.  I love her too.

I went to the doctor yesterday as planned.  He checked the lump I found and said he didn't think it was anything to worry about, but he was going to send me to a surgeon anyway.  I guess they will biopsy or remove it - or both.  He also froze another spot on my arm and told me to come see him in a few months.  The spot on my face healed perfectly and my neck is doing great also.  I wonder if he could freeze a few other ugly things about me???

Andrea has gone with some kids from church to go shopping for clothes.  She was really excited about it.  She forgot her sizes, so I had to have her write them down.  I think more than anything she was excited about going out with the group. 

I have been really tired lately.  I just can't seem to get enough sleep.  Like most everything else that happens to me, it's probably just another downside of fibromyalgia.  It's tough getting older and not being able to do the things you once could do (or at least pondered doing).  I've had fibromyalgia for 25 years and in that time, I have mostly been okay.  There are times like now that I hate it with a purple passion and other times that I can forget for a while that I have it.  The thing is, chronic pain ages a person more quickly.  Many people my age are in much better shape.  There's some other issues, too.  I suppose those of you who also suffer must know about them. 

I'm not complaining.  Well, maybe a little.  I should be allowed some serious "pout" time. I do climb in the pity pot on occasion, but not too often, because there's usually someone around to close the lid on me. When I think about Pam and her struggle with cancer and John and Krissy who just got married and are facing cancer as well, I feel pretty small complaining about what's going on with me.  I am grateful to have people around who love me and are supportive when I am at my worst.  It's just life, you know.  None of us ever really gets over it.  We just go forward.  We do the best we can in any given situation.  Life is its own solution and it's better for us if we just stay out of the way and let it happen. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you went to the doctor and got things frozen and checked out.  I wish they could freeze a whole lotta things about me too.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that KT is feeling better, and that your lump appears to be nothing.  It also sounds like Andrea will have fun shopping! I hope that she did!  I know what it's like to jump on the pity pot, it's okay every once in awhile, I think :)
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

Honey, I love you and am praying for you.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

praying for ya hun

Anonymous said...

You're allowed a bit of self pity - feel the same myself at times. Then like you, I think of those worse off than me, it puts everything into perspective.
Sylvia x
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

You have every right to whine or complain. Please. I want to know how you are feeling. i wish i could take away the pain and tiredness. Please try to get some rest. Sorry to hear about KT.      Dont ever say there is something ugly about you. THERE IS NOT! Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Penny, I am usually relunctant to tell people how I am feeling as well!  So I totally understand where you are coming from.  But there are times when we are sick, there's just no bones about it, ya' know.  Besides, people can't help if they don't know.  Not that we are really very readily acceptent of their help, but that's our problem...  :-)  We want ot know if you feel bad.  Yes, others have different problems, and some are worse, but that doesn't diminish your own pain, does it.  This is not a lesson I have easily learned, but I am trying.  How about we try together?!  :-)  <<HUGS>>  Feel better!
~Miss O