Monday, August 1, 2005

The 8th Day

I'm beat!  This is my 8th day of work in a row.  I am covering for my co-worker so we can go out of town next week.  I didn't realize when I said I'd work the weekend that I would miss my days off so much.  Today I'm really dragging.

This morning I went back to the skin doctor and he burned (or froze) two more spots off of me.  The one he's not worried about, but if the one at my jaw doesn't heal, I have to go back.  I'm not a sun bunny, so I'm not really worried about it.  The places he froze are a bit tender, though.  This is another new experience for me.

Rob and Andrea have been working at home.  He's helping her take all the excess stuff out of her room.  We share a closet between our bedrooms, so he's also been working on boarding up between the two so we have a little more privacy (what's that?)  The dog has become comfortable sleeping on his blanket in the living room, so we finally have our rooms to ourselves.  We also got the new blinds for the living room this morning.  Let's hope Sammy doesn't tear these up.

I can't believe its August already!  What happened to June?  Did we miss a month somewhere?  Wow!  They are surely right when they tell you that time goes faster the older you get.  Today I have been back in the United States for one whole year. I can't actually believe it.  Seems like just yesterday I packed the last thing into the truck and crossed the border back into the world.  I'm glad to be home.

Wednesday I think we are going to the county fair.  I'm going to rent a wheelchair so I can enjoy it and not be such a downer for Rob and Andrea.  She's never been to a fair before.  This will be a wonderful picture opportunity. 

WooHoo!  Yay!  My co-worker just came home!!!  If I'm addle-brained for the rest of the day, she'll cover for me.  Blessings abound.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL  have fun at the fair
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Bet you can't wait till your vacation so you can take a break!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Take lots of pictures for us at the fair!  And have a wonderfully relaxing time with you family!  <<HUGS>>
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

Waiting to see pics of the fair. Please post some.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Penny, i hope you are able to rest! I hope Andrea loves the county fair. I do, i love the food! LOL                      One year today? WOW.
Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Hope you have lots of fun at the fair.  Yes I think that the days and months are shorter now that I'm older... because we have more to do as adults with every precious minute of time.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun!
Peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage