Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas Cards!

        

Good morning all!  Today is December 17th, three days from the end of the December Challenge.  I think I have my work cut out for me this time.  You are all so full of Christmas memories, and a few Hanukkah memories there, too.  It's wonderful. I hope I can get it all done and back to you by the 24th.  A few of you will have your links shared here so others can read the wonderful things you wrote in your journals.

There's one Christmas tradition I don't seem to have a good handle on:  Christmas Cards.  I bought some really nice ones.  I have a list of addresses.  I haven't sent them.  They may get out in time for New Years.  I never have been very big on them.  I love getting them - sending an e-card might happen, but I'm pretty awful at that as well.  I don't even remember if my mom sent cards, but she probably did.  Last year we sent about 15 cards.  First time in years!  I'm feeling pressure to send them out again - write cute and cheery notes inside - all that stuff.  Rob offered to do it - my pride said no.  Where does that come from? 

Our home looks beautiful this year!  There are Christmas dolls, nutcrackers, a lovely tree, stockings and now some gifts are sitting under the tree.  I've wrapped Andrea's gifts, for the most part, but haven't brought them home yet.  Hate to leave too much temptation for a little girl. 

               

            Penny

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny; don't worry about getting mine out to me. I'll be gone from 12/23 until 12/31 so I'm turning alerts off probably 12/22. It will be a nice surprise for me to come home to after Christmas. So you can do mine after the big day.

Merry Christmas and thanks!

betty

Anonymous said...

I always have a mad panic on the cards too!! No matter how early I buy them I can never get them done till the last minute!! Must be in our genes! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

I am not big on Christmas card anymore.  It is just a lot of work...but I hope to do them next year.  I didn't this year.

Merry Christmas!

Lori

Anonymous said...

I used to do the Christmas card thing big.  I loved writing all the cheery notes.  But alas time has caught up with me and the whole thing seems overwhelming now.  Now I send out a few to my closest friends.  Things change!  Merry Christmas, Pennie

Anonymous said...

I know many people who don`t send out cards. It`s one Christmas tradition that I have always held too. I send a lot and receive a lot. I love it!!!
~Penny

http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Friends dont have expectations of you...do what you want to do and no more. I do not receive hardly any real gifts from anyone so i always have looked at the card as a present and an indication that that person cares. Everyone feels differently though.
Have a happy Sunday.love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember a tradition we had a a kid.  We hung all the Christmas cards on the two shutters by the kitchen door.  We had to, there were over a hundred cards!...

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Somehow the Cards thing always creeps up on me, until I'm either late or just make the last pot by the skin of my teeth!

Merry Christmas.


Tilly
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

Now this is something I do every year! I love the entire process of sending and receiving cards. It's one thing I do best! So I responded to your entry with one of my own. Give me your address, Penny, and I'll send you one too! Come see what I wrote.  Bea   http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/entries/837

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,
God Bless You and hope you are having a wonderful Christmas this year.  
Lisa