Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Back?

                         

After a week in bed, I am going back to work today.  I think it's in self-defense.  I must be feeling better.  Being home all day is beginning to get to me.  I still have over 400 e-mails and alerts to go through (I've been reading maybe 4 or 5 a day - got to 35 this morning).  My back is a lot better, but I am still going to take it easy.

I haven't been able to get all the December Challenge stuff together yet.  For the sake of time, I may link to your journals so others can see how many of you participated.  I hope to be able to do that before Friday. 

Things are changing at work.  Our general manager will be a long time recuperating and the owner of the business will take over management for the forseeable future.  It means we will have to make some changes, but Elaine and I are a good team so we can do whatever it takes.  Please keep Larry and his family in your prayers as he recovers from something called Dengue Fever. 

I also want to thank all of you for your prayers and comments while I've been abed.  I feel lonely without you.  My laptop might have helped some, but I think the rest was truly needed.  As promised, I will put in Christmas pics soon.  If you haven't heard from me soon, be prepared, I'm almost back.

I love you all.  Be blessed today,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK, PENNY! We missed you, too. So glad you took the time to rest your back. Get back into your routine SLOWLY, pace yourself, or you will be laid flat again. I'm putting away the Christmas decorations today, then I'm going to visit the bookstore for Scalzi's latest novel. Love to all!

Anonymous said...

Yes the routine might be good for you Im glad your ready to get up and going. It hink its a good sign

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great or at least good enough first day back at work! Blessings, Sassy ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysWORD

Anonymous said...

Good to read that you are on the mend. Take care.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you are on the mend...thank heaven you are with laptop!  LOL

andi  :)

Anonymous said...

BTW, Penny, I've mentioned your journal in mine. Sort of like journal editor's picks except I'm not the journal editor... I hope you don't mind. Come by and check out what I wrote to make sure I'm not writing anything false... also, I linked to your site so readers can read your pages for themselves. http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/entries/849  Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I hope you really feel well enough to go back-the best new year to you& your family

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better!!!!!! I love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were not feeling well.  Hang in there.  Hugs,
Lisa