Saturday, December 31, 2005

12/31/05

                      

It's funny, but this time last year, I didn't know how to add anything to my journal save those from "You've Got Pictures" and now my entries seem empty without graphics.  I am so grateful to have learned a thing or two.

I still haven't gotten the links up for December.  I'm not lazy, truly I am not (well, maybe a little).  I woke up almost pain-free this morning.  Thank you, Lord.  It's been a long haul this time.  Fibromyalgia and back pain can really knock a one-two punch.  I did finally manage to get my flu shot.  I don't want to have that on top of everything else. 

I hope to be able to post again this evening.  It's been very busy at work with year-end stuff happening, the GM so sick and still some confusion over which upper management person will do what over the course of the next few months.  Fortunately, Elaine and I work well together and will just go with the flow and try to make the best of it. 

This has been a year of new beginnings for us here.  We literally started a new life when we came back here in August of 2004, but this year we actually moved out on our own for the first time in years.  Our marriage started with 13 kids in residence in a two-bedroom house on a ranch in Mexico.  We moved up to 24 kids in a 3-bedroom house (one bathroom - I'll tell that again sometime) and then on to our own little ranch with two huge bathrooms, two dorm rooms and an actual "parents room" upstairs.  It was heaven.  In April, when we moved in here, it was the first time in our marriage that we had lived on our own.  We are still adjusting, but we love every moment of it.

If I don't post again tonite, Happy New Year to all of you.  You are very important to me. 

Blessings and love,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back Penny! and no pain this a.m. - Thank God for doctors and good drugs! and for mornings with no pain,.. and families. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year and amen to be pain free!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

A very happy and pain free new year to you Penny. Twenty four kids and one bathroom??!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

I have fibro myself so I can somewhat relate.  Here's hoping it doesn't show its ugly face very much in 2006!

Lori

Anonymous said...

May 2006 find you happy, healthy and happy! I guess I just cant wish enough happiness!

Anonymous said...

Happy Day
Happy new year to you to,I am glad to hear some of your pain has gone away.Sounds like you have been a busy woman.Have a safe weekend
Take Care,Melodie

Anonymous said...

Penny it is good to know you are feeling a bit better.  Happy New  Year to you too!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Penny!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Let's hope for a fibro-free 06'!