Thursday, September 8, 2005

I can't believe it's already Thurday afternoon and I haven't posted a thing since Sunday!   I owe Laura the 7 things - she tagged me a couple of days ago.  I have lots to say, and haven't said a thing.

On Monday, my laptop gave out because there was something wrong with the power cord.  I can't believe how depressing that can be.  I must be waaay too addicted.  I used Rob's computer, but without my regular stuff, it just wasn't the same.  Then I decided to cook a great dinner for us for the holiday and sliced off part of my finger.  I won't go into how gory it was, but Andrea was worried I might die from the loss of blood.  Poor kid.  She's a real trooper, though and handed me all the stuff to clean and bandage the wound without puking once.  Rob just kept saying , "Oh, my poor baby!"  I wouldn't milk that one, would I?  Hee hee.  I'm off dish duty and knife duty for a few days and typing is laborious to say the least.

I worked Tuesday, but had a doctor's appointment yesterday.  I found a small lump above my right breast and the regular doctor sent me to the skin doctor who sent me to see the surgeon.  He thinks it should come out, but it's not an office procedure.  So I am waiting for insurance approval for a same day surgery.  I really don't think it's anything, but best to have it taken care of while it's small.

I'm back to work today and tomorrow and have a blessed Saturday off for the first time in forever, it seems.  I don't know how I'll treat myself.  Probably I will rest.  It's my favorite activity these days, right after the computer.  But the laptop fits right up on the bed with me.

I've had good news from a couple of friends lately that makes my spirit perk up quite a bit.  I'm always glad to hear good tidings.  Also, my sister-inlaw and niece in Louisiana have checked in and they are fine.  Praise God for that. 

Next up:  The 7 things . . . don't say I didn't warn you!

Blessings, Penny

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That darn Laura tagged me too, I've been plotting my revenge ever since :-)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are going really well for you right now.  I'm sorry about your finger! Ouchie!  And I can't wait to see your 7 things!
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad you heard from your sister-in-law and niece.  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

a well deserved Saturday off....I think rest is best....you so deserve it.
hugs!
Laura

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you finally catching up! Isn't it great when you're able to do that?
Peace and love,
Charley

Anonymous said...

... and all is well?  YES !! Good for you.  Now, just enjoy it, Penny !  Tina

Anonymous said...

Ouch!  :-0  I've done that before!  But they stitched it up so well that my finger is only partially crooked!  LOL  :-)  There goes my career as a hand model, right?  Hope it is healing nicely!
~Miss O