Sunday, September 25, 2005

Better Late than Never

Can you believe this?  I missed my journal birthday!  True I wasn't feeling well, but I've thought about it and planned and thought about what I would say when From Here to There reached her first birthday.  Yes, of course my journal is female.  Last time I looked, I was female, too.  Men don't think like us.

I wrote my first journal entry on September 16, 2004.  It was John's weekend assignment and he asked what song we played at our wedding reception.  Here's my answer.  Since then, I've added a couple more journals.  One is autobiographical and the other spiritual.  Truth is, they are all about me and my relationship with life.

Wow, Journal, you've served me well!  and this week I found out that Kelly picked my name as one of her blogs for Editor of the Week.  Cool, huh? I never get picked for anything.  I've made a lot of friends here in J-Land in the last year.  If I were to try to name them all, I'd miss one and feel terrible.  So suffice it to say that I love you all. 

I really love having this journal.  It's a release for my frustrated writing talents and for my thoughts.  I'm pretty good verbally, but have always been better at the written word.  I started typing out stories at about the age of six on my mother's old portable Smith-Corona. I am always writing something down on this computer.  I thought a 100 gig hard drive would be great and I'll bet I've used up more than half of it already.

I think it's great that AOL has set up J-Land for us to play with and share our thoughts.  I'm grateful to my son for introducing me to you.  I sure hope the second year of this journal will be as great as the first has been.

Be blessed,

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 1ST JOURNAL BIRTHDAY!  Woo!
Hugs,
xoxox
Heather

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Penny's Journal!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Belated happy first birthday Penny's journal!! Doesn't the time fly when you're having fun journalling?!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Penny, Congradulations!!! Blogging is really a great outlet, fun, interesting and another great opportunity "meeting" new online people.
Betty
http://journals.aol.com/rap4143/MyDayMyInterests/
http://journals.aol.com/hhdecor2/HomeLifeDecoratingBlog/

Anonymous said...

J-land is what keeps me with AOL.  I think I've been reading your journal from the very beginning.

Anonymous said...

I think the next year is going to be even better!  Our journals grow as we do, and I definately think putting it all in writing helps us to grow - or at least stay honest with ourselves!  Congrats on 1 year plus of being part of this great community.

Anonymous said...

Penny, your messages are wonderful and inspiritng! You are a natural pick!
Peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

I missed my one year birthday too.  Congrats on reaching that milestone in the
J-Land communty!  :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

congrats on the one year anniversary birthday hope u have many more as good as the last even better
-Kristina

Anonymous said...

We are soooooooo glad to have you!  We love you too!!!  Happy Birthday Journal!  :-)  <<HUGS>>  Congrats on being on of Kelly's picks!  You ROCK!
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny, I am glad we finally met ... I just finished reading your entries ...wow! What a life! I love meeting others who are so filled with the Holy Spirit...it is encouraging and it is wonderful God has blessed you with a wonderful partner. Happy Anniversary ...your marriage and your journal...Love, Courtenay

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Christy, I was one of Kelly's picks too, and had to check you out!
Great journal and I'm going to set my alerts for you.

God Bless
Christy  http://journals.aol.com/my3gifts/ChristysThoughts/

Anonymous said...

Penny, i know i am so thankful i have been able to know you and call you my friend. You mean the world to me. Love, lisa