Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Happy Heather Day

                         

Tomorrow is my daughter Heather's birthday.  I'll leave it up to her to tell you how old she is, but suffice it to say she's not a baby anymore. 

Heather was born on a Friday night at 10:26 pm.  It was an easy labor and delivery and a tiny, pink, beautiful little girl slid from my body into this world.  I wasn't much more than a little girl myself, but I was deliriously happy.  Somehow I knew she would be a girl and my husband and I named her Heather Lynn.  Her dimples showed up right away and in the nursery at less than an hour old, my precocious little girl kicked off her blanket and rolled to her side.

I thought she was the most beautiful baby in the world.  I told my mom that I couldn't have more children because I knew I wouldn't love them as much as I loved that baby.  My mom said there was enough love in our hearts to love as many children as God wanted us to have.

Heather was a pretty normal kid for growing up in a broken, re-broken and broken again home. I'd like to say our relationship was perfect, but it wasn't.  Gotta take the blame for a lot of that. I can't change what's past, but we have a wonderful relationship today.

                 

Heather lives in the mountains of Northern California.  It's been more than 2 years since I've been able to hug her or hold her and I miss her.  Fortunately, she has internet and a phone, so we are in almost daily contact.  She has 5 great kids.  Through all her struggles and there have been many, she has never given up on those children.  She's stronger than most women will ever hope to be.

I'm going to miss her day tomorrow because I am having surgery, but all the same I will be with her in spirit.  Below is a picture of Heather, her boyfriend Jason and 3 of her 5 kids.  If she had a journal, I'd send you all off to wish her a happy birthday. 

        HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEATHER!!!!!!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heather!

Anonymous said...

Yes...Happy birthday Heather and many, many more!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heather!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Woo! Happy Heather Day!  I can definately celebrate that one ;)
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

Wish Heather a very happy birthday from me and good luck with your surgery. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

a happy birthday to your heather
and prayers for you, your surgery and quick recovery.
Take care.
laura

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!!

Anonymous said...

Penny please wish her a Happy Birthday and good luck today!!!! Don't forget let us know how you make!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Pass along our best wishes as well :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heather....
Hope your medical procedure goes well, mom!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

A Very Happy Birthday to Heather!  And good luck to you on your procedure.  Be well.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HEATHER!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Prayers for a successful surgery.

Blessings!
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Birthday to Heather!   and may your surgery go well for you tomorrow.  take care Penny. :-)

(((((hugs)))))

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heather---and happy birthday being a mom for the first time--it's a special thing!  Where in the mountains does Heather live?  Any where close to Santa Cruz?  I have a great recovery from surgery :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to her and hope u are well soon

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to heather!  5 kids!  whew.

prayers and well wishes to you.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thank You all so very much... I am celebrating my 9th annual 29th birthday!!!! YE HA!!! Today I got the best present I could have asked for ... aJOB, I am soooo stoked. The day was busy but wonderful, I cried with joy my whole way home from work. Mom I hope all went well today, I Love You so Very Much. Thank you for giving me the gift of life. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!

                                       Heather

P.S. MOM  I can't believe you put that fat pic of me up ...grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! (((HUG))((KISS))

Anonymous said...

    Happy birthday to you, Heather !  Your mother is a gem, so I just know you are a lovely gal, too.  And Penny, hope all went well with your surgery.  Get to feeling better !!  Tina

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heather!!!!  You are lucky to have a mother that is so honest with you and loves you so much!  I know she is VERY proud of you!  :-)
Penny, I will be praying that all goes well tomorrow!  <<HUGS>>
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

Heather! WooHOO! dancing around you with rose petals and soft music
(((Happy Birthday Heather!)))) blowing bubbles
natalie

Anonymous said...

I hope the surgery went well! I am so late since my alerts dont work anymore!!! Happy happy bday to Heather. We are almost the same age. Great pic of her, the boyfriend and her kids. Such beautiful kids!! Love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter Heather and congrates to you for making the Editor's List this week.  Hope your surgery went well.

Much Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Top of the morning to you. COngrats on being selected by the Guest Editor. You have a nice journal here. I'll visit you again. THe photo is terrific. Nice looking family.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY