Thursday, July 14, 2005

Weekend Assignment #68

So, my son John, at By the Way asked us to help celebrate Bastille Day by noting a contribution the French have made that impresses us.  He picked the Statue of Liberty.  Great gift from them.  She graces the entrance to New York with such dignity.  I still remember some f the French I learned as a kid, but now only a few useless phrases come to mind.  There's a fabulaous French restaurant in Ensenada where I have dined.  The food was great, pastries divine . . .Mexican waiters kinda wrecked the "French" atmosphere.  And I love those wonderful old movies with the French woman dancing the Can-Can (scandalous at the time!)  But most of all, I want to than the French for .  .  .  .  .

*

*

*

oo-la-la!!!!   the FRENCH KISS!!!  oh yeah, love that French kiss,  Did they actually think it up?  Who cares?

Before I was ever French-kissed (no, I'm not telling who or when, but remember I had a son when I was 16), the prospect seemed totally gross.  EEEEEWWWW!  Germs!  Then, HE leaned over, took my little face in his hands and laid one on me.  I was done for.  Still am.  When Rob inclines his head to mine and profers his lips, I'm there. 

I want you to know I'm not a sex-maniac or anything like that.  I like to think of myself as a romantic.  They say the true romance was born in France.  Since I'm a bit French in the mix, I must have gotten some of those wonderful tendencies. 

Sorry, son, if this is grossing you out, but us old folks need love, too!

No extra credit for me either.  Never been across the Atlantic.  Maybe someday . . .

 

 

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead, gross your little boy out!! LOL  it's a mother's right!! I'm with ya on the French kiss thing, LOL
~Julie

Anonymous said...

You are a riot!  Let's hope he's a big boy and can handle the fact that his mom is his mom for a reason...;-)  but honey, can I agree with that!  A good kiss to melt the knees... wheeewww -- where's my husband; be back in a bit...  :-)  LOL
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

You crack me up Penny!

Krissy
journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Ahhh....yes, the french kiss - great answer! ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

The french females dont shave their legs do they? Or arm pits? Eww.....hon, its ok if you ARE a sex maniac. Hell, go for it. LOL      Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

I was at a total loss for this assignment until I read yours.....so I did what came natural....I pimped your answer!    LOL
Laura
http://journals.aol.com/nicurnmama/adventuresinjuggling/entries/753

Anonymous said...

Hello AOL mom, nice to read you!  My name is Renee' but somehow over the years as an artist I have acquired the alias name "Timeless" through websites and signature paintings.  Glad AOL gives me things to DO!!
http://journals.aol.com/acyrlicstains/publish/

Anonymous said...

   Oh, Penny ..... You are the best !!  Thanks for saying what the rest of us were thinking.  Yes, it's true, we may get older, but that spark never leaves us, does it ?? ...  and thank goodness for that.  Very charming answer ( John, your mother is a dear !! )    Tina

Anonymous said...

Well, if he your son thinks about it, if his wife thinks he is a good kisser then he should thank you for your genes! :-) I mean what would he be saying otherwise! Hmmm! I always figure there is probably at least one other person that one could label as more of a sex maniac than me, so then I'm ok! Ha! But hey better that than the other extreme! I thought society (and Women!) were getting more comfortable with their sexuality! Don't worry, he'll have a harder time when his daughter is dating! Ha! :-)

Anonymous said...

WHoooo Hooooo......I loved your answer.  Ohh-LaLa is right.
Tami

Anonymous said...

{{{{{ Penny }}}}}
I see where John gets his  'joie de vivre'

Vivian    :)

Anonymous said...

Truly an EXCELLENT answer!!  I was somewhat on the same track by mentioning "the men", but your answer is just so much cooler!!  I can just imagine John reading your entry and cringing at the same time,  LOL!!!  We never like to think of our parents as "sexual creatures".  lol  but how in the world did we come to be if they weren't?  :-)  Hugs to you!!