Friday, July 22, 2005

Next time I brag . . .kick me

I was bragging yesterday to Lisa how pleasant it was here where we are.  Not so very hot, a pleasant 80 degrees and probably 75 in Ventura.  That's what I get for spouting off at the mouth. 

I don't know what the actual temperature here is, but it's hot!!!  It's muggy, too and the usual breeze we have . . .gone.  I'm paying.  I'm really paying.  Not going to brag again - at least not anytime soon.

I don't do to well in the heat.  My feet swell up, I feel sluggish and just a little bit cranky.  I suppose a lot of people feel that way/  Sad thing is, when I feel like this, I'm not thinking of anyone but me.  PLOM (poor little old me).

Work isn't bad.  No one is coming in.  They don't want to go out in this heat.  Who wants to go inside a storage shed when the pavement is melting?  They aren't even coming in to pay their bills.  They are calling and using their debit cards. Makes it a bit boring, but I'm so lucky to have a job where I can use my laptop and write or play Pogo. 

I'm off tomorrow.  No plans.  Been sitting here trying to think up a new ice cream flavor for John's weekend assignment.  Too sluggish to think.  Rob wants to go buy stuff for his fish tank.  I'm only going if the store is air conditioned and he promises we can stay for at least a 1/2 hour.

Maybe I'll go look up the Friday Five and try them.  Forgot his name.  Gotta look through my alerts.  Exciting day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least I am not the only one who has been bored brainless today, despite the fact I overslept and then set about a pile of housework (which I shouldn't really be doing - feeling the effects tonight). Ah Well - tomorrow is another day, as they say,  and it can only get better. (We hope). Keep laughing with me.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Trust me I feel your pain -- It's 95 degrees here and hardly a cloud in the sky and no breeze to speak of... plus the humidity is high because of the thunderstorms last night!  We are staying in!  Hope you cool down soon!
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

It`s just started too rain heavily here and we need it so badly.  It`s much cooler now than it was but not quite as hot as where you are.  I don`t think I could stand another heatwave, us British aren`t used to such high temperatures!  Have a nice weekend :-)

Sandra xxxx