Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thursday afternoon

Well, Here it is sort of "hump" day for me . . .I have to work Saturday as well this week.  Work has been very slow today and I've just been catching up on some things that we put off until a day such as this.  I was going to hook up Elaine's DSL, but we found she doesn't have an ethernet connection on her computer.  Her son has an extra, so I'll do it tomorrow.

I thought I'd play Pogo for a while, but just haven't been in the mood for it.  My back has been hurting for a while.  When I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago, they did bloodwork and some of it was irregular, leading them to believe I might have a kidney function problem.  They had me double my water intake and redo the test.  It came back better, but my back is no better.  So back to the doctor this morning before work.  She thinks I might have kidney stones.  I'm scheduled for an ultra-sound on Tuesday.  Personally, I'd rather it were muscle spasms.  She thinks its unrelated to my fibromyalgia and too far from the spine to be osteoporosis or arthritis.  It could be a whole lot worse.  And honestly, I hate complaining when my life is so good otherwise.  You know?  I'm truly blessed.  We have a good marriage, a beautiful daughter, a cool bird and a nifty dog is moving in tomorrow.  Our little house is just right for us and we are happy.  God has poured out His love on us and these petty little bothers seem inconsequential in light of His power.

Andrea has been at church camp since 4 am monday morning - the first time in her young life that she's been out of our care and control for more than a day.  It's really strange!  The first night, Rob and I were thrilled.  "Privacy!!!" We deserve some time alone.  Monday night was enough.  She may be a pain sometimes, but we miss her!  By last night it just didn't seem right.  We went out for Chinese (one of her favorites) and came home and, well, just looked at each other. Our lives are truly intertwined with that little girl.  She's going to miss Sammy's arrival tomorrow morning.  She won't be home until sometime tomorrow evening. (insert big, globby tears here).  By Saturday afternoon, we'll probably wish she'd stayed!  Some people are just never satisfied.

Oh well, that how it is.  And you know, it's a good life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful blessings. :-) I'm sorry that your kidneys. . or, possibly kidney stones are giving you some problems.  Hoping and believing that the doctors can quickly figure out what is going on and make quick action to rectify the situation. :-)
Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Hoping the doctors find out what is hurting you soon.
I bet you can't wait until Sammy comes!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

My Fibro has been giving me trouble this last week too!  Hopefully it's just spasms!  
I know what you mean, it's nice when they leave for a little while but they can't be gone for very long!  We miss them too soon, don't we?
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

I love it when you are happy. Cant wait to hear about Sammy. I know Andrea will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to see her new doggie! I hope you feel better soon. Back pain is no joke. Terrible. Glad you and DH had some alone time. Rick would pay cash for some of that. Love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! ~ Lori