Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Jury Duty

I have been called for jury duty and today is the day.  This is also the day that the doctor scheduled the ultrasound of my kidney.  I have to go in to see which one will win out.  I have the order slip for the ultrasound and the paper ordering me to appear.  If they want me to stay, I'll have to reshcedule the ultrasound.  I don't really want to do that because I've been having a tremendous amount of pain.  I wonder what will happen.

I really want to serve on jury duty.  In all my 56 years, I have never been in a place where I could do it.  I think it will be interesting.  Rob said it was boring, but I found out yesterday that I could take my laptop.  I guess most of the people don't even get chosen for a jury and after their one day of sitting around the courthouse, they are done for a year.  Either way, I'm ready to go. 

Of course, getting up early in the morning like this is definitely not my forte.  I like to sleep until about 7:30 and grumble for a while before I have to actually be human. I always think that just another five minutes will make the difference for me.  Probably not.  Like my dog, I guess I'm just a natural couch potato.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been called twice. Once for attempted murder where the dude plead guilty at the last minute...waste of my time and once for mold in someones basement. Boring. Awful. I met some nasty impatient people that time. But i hope your run is enjoyable.I also hope you can get that ultrasound done! Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Mike served on a jury.  The case lasted a week!  Be a shame to re-schedule your ultrasound, maybe they will let you off.  Laptops would not be allowed in court over here.

Anonymous said...

I've done the jury duty thing twice, more than enough for me!! I usually get out of it because I'm a homeschool mom, the kids are first!!And of course now I'm disabled and not independant at all.
~Julie

Anonymous said...

I hope I never have to do jury service.  Hope the ultrasound goes ahead and is okay.  Take care

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Penny, hope you are feeling better soon.  I've never served but my mother has -- she found it extreemly interesting!  However she didn't find the conduct of the jusry fair?  :-(  Maybe you'll get your chance!
<<Hugs>>
~Miss O

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for jury duty.  I've never been called but I think it might be interesting to go sometime.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wouldn't want jury duty!  I would be too stressed out thinking somebody's fate would be in my hands and what if I didn't make the right decision!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink