Monday, January 17, 2005

Thanks, J-Landers!

Well, today is the 26th anniversry of my 29th birthday.  I slept a little late and got up to many greetings from my J-Land friends.  That is so cool!  It's more birthday greetings than I've had in 15 years.  It's not that nobody loves me, it's that being in Mexico wasn't exactly conducive to a lot of birthday greetings.

Yesterday, the pastor and his wife took us to lunch after church and had them sing "Happy Birthday" to me.  It was nice but also mildly embarrassing.  Then when we came home, Hank and Debbie were getting ready to prepare a special dinner for me.  They also got me a music box doll to add to my collection.  It was very nice.

This morning, after sleeping in and a visit to the doctor, Rob and Andrea took me to shop and to breakfast and to the mall for a water massage.  Now Andrea and I are going to "veg" and watch "Victor/Victoria" - I just love musicals. 

Thanks again, J-Landers.  You've made me feel very welcome in your world.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased you had a lovely day.
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm a bit belated:  Happy 29th!  Again.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN'S MOM.
                                           SHAY.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! I love that you're 29,  shows me I never really have to get "old"  

Anonymous said...

My name is Monae and I would like to wish you a "Happy Birthday". Birthdays are always nice. Once in a while someone gives you a gift that really says "Hey your a cool person and I'm glad to know you". I hope that this is your best day ever. Here's to many, many, many, many more. Best wishes to you, your family and friends.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hope this is the best year yet!  God bless your socks off sweetie!

Hugs, Trina

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

¡Feliz cumpleanos a tu! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Siempre,
AnnaM

Anonymous said...

A belated Feliz Navidad! Oh, to be 29 again... all that energy.  I hope you have many happy returns of the day.

wil

Anonymous said...

Well, today is the 26th anniversry of my 29th birthday. Lol! Thats too cute. ;o)
I hope you had a great birthday! It sounds like you did. Sounds like a great day to me. :o)

Angela

Anonymous said...

Well have a WONDERFUL Birthday !   ;0)   Sandra x

Anonymous said...

Oh, Penny, that is funny...I will always be 29 as well!  I am so, so happy you had a such a good birthday!  I wish they had a water massage place over here!  xox