Thursday, January 27, 2005

Getting to know me . . .

This from Newportjazzlover's journal . . . my first time there and an editor's pick this time . . .

 

FIRSTS
1. First best friend: Becky Furman

2. First love: John Binkley

3. First real kiss: John Noonan

4. First screen name: pennyfre

5. First pet: a frog - unfortunately, he didn't last well in my underwear drawer.

6. First car: '55 Ford (in 1970)

LASTS
1. Last cigarette:  Nov 17, 1988

2. Last kiss: Robert - just leaving the house

3. Last good cry: This morning

4. Last beverage drank:  Diet Coke

5. Last food consumed: Homemade beef pot pie

6. Last crush:  Robert - today all over again

7. Last phone call:  To Mexico - my friend Yessy

RELATIONSHIPS
1. Who is your best friend: my hubby, my friend Ruth and Dena

2. Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend: Nope, married - he's my guy!

FASHION STUFF
1. Where are your favorite places to shop: Consigning Woman!

2. Type of clothing: jeans, warm shirts and fuzzy boots


SPECIFICS
1. Do you do drugs: only what the doctor ordered

2. What kind of shampoo do you use: What's in the shower

3. What are you most worried about? health

4. What would you change about yourself: I'd slim down more


FAVORITES
1. Colors: Green, then purple

2. Foods: Red meat, sweet & sour pork, Good 'n Plenty

3. Subject in school: English

5. Sports: Do I hafta?  Well, I do love gymnastics and ice skating as long as someone else is doing it.

6. Movie: Sound of Music, Music Man, Victor/Victoria, Polar Express

HAVE YOU EVER

1. Given anyone a bath: more times than I can count

2. Smoked: yes

3. Made yourself throw-up: unfortunately . . .

4. Skinny dipped: yes, when I was young enough and skinny enough not to care.

5. Been in love: Certainly, many times, the best one is right now.

Current

1. Clothes: jeans, white turneck, red fuzzy sweatshirt, pink fur-lined slippers

2. Music: Come Now is the Time to Worship . . . Brian Doerkson

3. Make-up: none

4. IMs: none right now

LAST PERSON
1. Hugged: my hubby

3. Last person who slept at your house: Must have been our friend Jon

RANDOM


1. In the morning I am: Not good before coffee . . .

2. Love is: Jesus, then family

3. I dream about: peace for me and my family

PAST/FUTURE
1. 7 years ago: widowed and homeless with 14 kids

2. 4 years ago: Falling in love again

3. 3 years ago: A newlywed with 12 kids

4. 1 hour ago: soting clothes to send to Mexico

5. Tomorrow: going to get a massage

6. College: AA degree from Mesa College in 1990 - I was 41 years old and mama cried to see that one of us finally did it and with honors. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny you are a wonderful person, your kids must think the world of you, your friends also. I find the tougher you get hit in life, the softer you get inside. The most caring and loving people I know have really had to live life, with the downs far outweighing the ups. Take car my friend.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet, i don't know which part specifically, but it was, nice of you to put it in your journal to share with us, thanks!  

Anonymous said...

Oh - I would have to say that was a sweet entry. :-) I love to hear that you are so much in love.

I hope you have a blessed day.
Holly

Anonymous said...

A lovely entry. Very interesting. Such fun to read.  Have a great weekend  

Sandra x

Anonymous said...

This gave me a big smile, Penny :-)!  I love Good 'n Plenty and The Sound of Music, as well!  Loved your answers! xox