Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Blasted Bird!

Stupid bird just BIT me!  How dare he!  I treat him like a baby, feed him treats and this is how he repays me?  We were sitting on the couch and I was giving Andrea her school work.  She sat down next to me and Dufus went from my shoulder to hers.  He doesn't actually like her, so before he could "nibble" on her ear, I tried to extricate him.  Blasted bird clamped down with his parrot beak and nearly crshed my fingertip!  Now the stupid finger looks like a red balloon.  THAT's gonna leave a bruise! 

Truth is, I really love the bird.  He's beautiful and sweet (90% of the time) and loves to cuddle on my neck.  He takes naps with me and lets me know when he needs to do his "duty" so my clothes aren't soiled.  Even if he's not really mine, he's my bird.  He launches from Hank's hand to get to me and wakes up in the middle of the night to greet me when I go to the bathroom.  Even my dogs never loved me this much.

Still, when he's bad, he's very, very bad.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, when he's bad, he's very, very bad....sounds like some bad little kitten I know! lol  Hope your finger heals up okay.  Ah, how we love our pets anyway!  Good talking to you today, sweetie!  Love ya! xox

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, that sounds so painful   naughty parrot !  Sandra x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like hubby in a mood lol.

Anonymous said...

I can just see you yelling at this bird after this one! LOL!! What a vivid picture!  Hope your finger feels better soon and glad u love this bird deep down or he might be looking for his own food again!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Don't ya just hate it when they do that?!?!?  I USE to have a bird, but she did NOT like me at all....loved my husband to death, but hated me...lol  Thanks for leaving your comment on my journal sweetie...it's much appreciated.

Hugs, Trina

Anonymous said...

{{{{{ Penny }}}}}

Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I'm sorry the bird bit you...what was he thinking ...  biting the hand that feeds him.  Could your finger possibly have smelled like his favorite food at that moment?  Well I hope it doesn't bruise too badly!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Hello - even the children we love bite us sometimes! My middle boy used to leave bruises on my arms with his sharp little fangs. I think your book project sounds very exciting, and I hope you will begin to blog some of it in your journal. Will definitely be saving it for future reading. Thanks for visiting mine.
http://journals.aol.com/journalsuk/AMumsTale

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I don't know what I'd do if my bird would bite me, I've never had that happen.  I don't think my little guy could get much of a bite but, I might be very surprised.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

May I ask what kind of bird do you have?  Just curious. We have seven birds here.  They are all brats.  Lol.  Oh,and just so you know I'm doing a lot better.  Hope we can talk soon. -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

This entry made me laugh! Lol. Not that you got bit but the way you describe it. I think it is really neat that the bird gets you up to go to the bathroom. :op

Angela

Anonymous said...

LOL Oh wow!  What a thing for the bird to do!  Looks like he was in his 10% of the time when he's not beautiful and sweet. LOL
Hope your finger feels better and looks less like a balloon soon.  Of course, it probably is already better, since I'm quite behind and late on reading entries. :-)
Micheyle
http://journals.aol.com/mommysquiettime/RedFlannelPajamas