Monday, January 31, 2005

Krissy's Monday Morning Question

Krissy asks what was one of your first crushes.  Amazingly, I remember his name and sort of what he looked like.

I was in 4th grade. His name was John Binkley.  He had blonde hair and wore glasses.  He was ever so smart and knew lots of stuff about stars and science.  We would study together at my house.  I can't temember if we ever held hands or anything like that, but I thought he was the greatest.  He even bought me some paper dolls or something like that to cement our "love"  My mom was a constant presence, although we didn't see anything wrong with that . . .

Ahhhh - young love. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww very sweet memories...  So untainted young love (puppy love) is...   I wish i were 10 again just to feel that honest simple sweetness...........

Anonymous said...

yes, I remember being about that age with a boy that I liked that lived down the street that would come over and we would study together at the kitchen table while my parents and sisters would be in and out. . . I thought he was the greatest too. :-). . hehehe It's neat to think back. . how far we have traveled

Anonymous said...

Aww, how sweet! xox

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet!  He bought you paper dolls!  You have always been a sucker for a guy who has been into science and the stars, haven't you, lol! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink