Friday, January 28, 2005

The Boys are Moving!!!!

YAY!!!!  the boys are moving out!  What does this mean??  Our little house will be vacant this weekend!!!!

Of course, we have to wait while the repairs are done and the remodel on the bathroom as well.  I'm so excited.  A place of our own.  I've got tears in my eyes.  I really need to have my own space.  I dreaded the thought of looking at apartments because I'm just more of a loner.  I know it doesn't seem like a person who had up to 30 kids at a time could be a loner, but I really am.  I like my quiet time and if I hadn't married an adventurer in 1987,  I'd probably be homebound by now. 

We love living here with Hank.  It's as close as we can get to having our own place without doing it, but there's something about naming the 4 walls around you "ours" that is very satisfying.  We sort of felt that way on the ranch when we finally moved there, although all we had was a small room to call our own.  A group was going to come this year and build us and Andrea our own little place.  That would have been great.  This is almost better.  Here there's cable and high-speed internet.  And there's GRASS!!  Green and lovely and we have to mow it . . .I don't care . . .Rob has to do that anyway.  In the front there is also a little ivy-covered arch that I really like.  I still haven't seen inside, but I've claimed it in my heart and I know it will be just what we need.

Here's what happened:  Hank said those guys were shirt-tail relatives and were probably never going to move out.  The rent is low because it's situated just above his body shop.  I kept looking at it and told Robert that it was the house I wanted.  So I started to pray.  I prayed every timed we would pull out ofour spot in front of Hank's house 2 doors away and again as we would pass it coming home.  We figured if it was God's will we would get the house. 

Thanks, God.  I love you.  You give me what I need and also the desires of my heart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you. God is indeed good. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

So pleased you are happy. It's nice to hear the good things in peoples lives and not just the bad.
Take care, good luck.
Sylvia
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

So happy for you Penny! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Praise God, Penny!!  Let us know how it goes!  I want to hear how you feel in your "new space"!  I am a loner at heart as well!  Yay for you!!!! xox

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased for you !   Sandra x