Sunday, October 8, 2006

Sunday Morning

   

      Provide free mammograms!    Click, click . . . please                 

      

It's almost time for the girls to go to their Sunay class.  We join them for church about an hour later.  Two of the girls decided they had nothing to wear and would like to forego church. I can't tell you how many times I have felt that way myself.  However barring major illness, we dress ourselves and go. Then two of the three came out dressed nicely.  The third came out looking like little orphan annie.  After prayer, I asked her if she felt that outfit, wrinkled as it was, was something she felt would honor the Lord.  I asked her to find something more appropriate.  We ask the girls to wear skirts to church.  I know many people go in jeans, shorts, etc., but I was taught a different way and we need to teach them discipline and respect.

But that's not really what I was going to write about. As most of you know I am a Bible believing, Bible thumping servant of Christ.  No, I don't go from door to door shoving my Bible or my beliefs down people's throats.  I find that to be negative.  I am not afraid to share my beliefs with anyone who opens the door.  Often when the conversation turns to my time in Mexico, thee door opens as I tell them I was a missionary there.  It's amazing how many people want God in their life, but figure their sins are unique and God certainly could not forgive them. As I tell them what my life was like for a few years, they are stunned.  I just want them to see Jesus glowing through me.  I invite them to church or suggest a church near their home.  I'm not tooting my own horn.  There are many ways to show the Lord in our lives.This is the job of Christians everywhere.  We need to spread the Good news.  I find myself privileged to be able to do that. 

I pray today that you feel the presence of the Lord in your lives.  He brings solace in the middle of our sorrow, joy in every area of our lives.

               

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great entry for a sunday!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I used to love going to Sunday church when i was a kid, i hav'nt been to church in years and my beliefs are still strong...

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are all having a good Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

great entry:) i think its great that the girls go to church in dresses:) some of my sunday school kids come in shorts but after they come ofr a while they start coming in dresses and skirts:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

I've heard preachers say that in the orginal tongue, the great commission where it says "Go ye therefore" translates more accurately as "as you go".  That means, whereever you go, whenever you go.....as you live your life share Jesus.  - Barbara

Anonymous said...

very beautiful entry Penny!
I loved the sentiment as wellas the graphic!
youare inspirational!
love and hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Well said Penny!  It's good that you have an opening like your time in Mexico.  Sometimes- a lot of times I have a hard time finding the right opening- but I know God will show me one when He wants me to.  It's also good that you can show them by example that there's nothing too big that He can't forgive!  I'm always amazed by some of th enot so great things I've done since BECOMING a Christian- God is able to use these things in my life to help people and show them that even though we still fall, He is always there to pick us up and help us in our walk!  Thank you Penny!  Have a great week!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful, thought provoking entry...  You are a true blessing to every life you touch, Penny.  Take care, Michelle

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry Penny!!  May God Bless you this week.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful Penny.....do you ever lay in the bed and imagine how cool its going to be?........your house...hanging out with the disciples...rest from the pains from earth...for eternity.........
-Raven

Anonymous said...

Amen to that Penny... I don't think all of us have been called to go door to door to spread the good news... I am called to live the Good News through my work and family, and when I hear or see someone in need of hearing it, I will point them in the right direction... inviting them to church is certainly a way to guide them into the fold. If someone doesn't want to hear it, I have silent, unobtrusive ways of demonstrating it! love, bea