Saturday, October 28, 2006

Pink, a Poem and November

Provide free mammograms! Three days left for double-clicks in October - you know what to do and where to go. 

I know I've not been here; I really wanted to be
It wasn't my choice, I tell you; it's been a tough week
On Tuesday, Weds. & Thursday, we worked so hard, it's true
I would rather, my friends, to have been here with you.
Old grumpy back was hurting, slowing down my chores,
Then I pulled a groin muscle, hurting so much more
I feel bad, I haven't written - my family must come first
They needed me to help them, even though work hurts.
Slept half the day yesterday, I couldn't walk a bit
I gave in to pain control - I was mostly out of it :(
Today the girls were out giving invitations to the Harvest Festival
Where kids & families to church on halloween, it's the best of all.
And now as late eve comes upon me and the girls are going to bed.
I've come back to my friends in J-Land, a poem inside my head.

I'm glad that halloween will be passing soon.  Our family doesn't celebrate it.  I'm not criticizing those that do, but guys, Thanksgiving is coming!

November is such a special month for me.  It's the time when we start to think about what we are grateful for.  We make lists.  We think back over the year and list the thankful times.  By the time we got to Thanksgiving day, we would have looong lists to share,  I still do it as does Rob and the girls.  Last year, I asked my friends in J-Land to do it with me.  I asked you to think of something you were grateful for each day.  I can't believe how many of you joined in.  I'm going to do it again this year, but not daily.  I'm hoping that starting NOVEMBER 1st,  you will join me on Sundays and Wednesdays to post a thankful entry and put your link in my comments section.

Then the day before Thanksgiving, I'll send a list back to you to share with your family or friends.

Many blessings to you, my friends,

                         


 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your poem and your thankful idea!  Hope your back feels better!!!! xox Barbara

Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting Penny, I am looking forward to your November challenge again this year (listing what I am thankful for).  
Sorry you haven't been feeling well lately.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

hope you get to feeling better:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh, I liked last years 'Thankful' entries.  They were thought provoking and help you focus on all the good.  

Feel better Penny!

Anonymous said...

what a cool idea - thankful entries for the month of November.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Sorry this weekend has been so painful for you.  But it inspired a rather cute poem!!  Will be praying you heal quickly.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

OWWW!  I sure hope you're feeling a little better now!  I've done that before, but I was a lot younger then- it'd hurt even more now!  What a nice entry though- Penny that sounds like a nice tradition for Thanksgiving.  I'll be visiting!  I don't celebrate halloween anymore either- but I still feel pangs of guilt that my little guy hasn't experienced the fun of dressing up and getting free candy.  It's just not the same though as when I was a kid.  It was still safer back then, and more innocent.  We live out in the boonies, where not many expect anyone out here, and I don't know enough people close by to justify driving all over town for candy!  I have taken him to church though, and it's always fun- but we missed it tonight, so I guess I'll have to keep my mouth closed until after the 31st, and hope he forgets about it!  Take care Penny, get well- lots of hugs to you!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I love you sweet Penny! How so very like you to think of us instead of you!
get better my dear friend so that you can relax on thanskgiving!Yes it's true we have so much to be thankful for!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Knowing what its like to be under the weather and in pain, dealing with it everyday. I hope you get better soon. love the poem.

angelrose

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

Ooooh  and she's a poet too! I say in awe!  

Drs have long said Mom has Parkinsons, but it never progresses so she thinks it's the familial tremors like her Mom had. So far.... that I haven't had.  And my Univera products keep everything else I do have in check.  Sooo....praise God for that!

I'm so sorry you hurt so much.  I keep you in my prayers.

Hugs!
Darlene

http://journals.aol.com/djohn52/AgeingGracefullyWithAllTheHelpIC/