Friday, October 13, 2006

         Provide free mammograms!  I know you've had the reminder day by day and this month, that's how it will stay.

                 

This Friday it's raining and a wet weekend has been predicted. I love the rain when I'm not getting wet.  When the sun pops out for a few minutes, I can hear the little birdies outside chirping their joy.  When rain comes again, they flit off to the trees again.  We always have seed in the front yard (no, we are not adopting them as pets) and they also love the dog food and bathe in his water.

I am so tired this morning - I just want to go back to bed.  I've fed and watered some of the birds inside.  I can only do a couple at a time before the standing becomes difficult for me.

So how can I walk, you ask.  It seems to involve different muscles and the truth is, my tiredness disappears.  Yesterday we walked too far and I didn't stretch.  By 2/3 of the walk, my hip and back were in PAIN!  I'm stretching today for sure Because of the rain, we are going back to the mall.  I am promising myself that I won't overdo.

On another note, Andrea and Kayla are now qualified to test for their purple belts.  Andrea is very excited to do this.  Kayla feels she's not ready.  I have seen the work in the Tae Kwon Do studio and I guarantee they are both fully ready.  Practice at home will just polish their readiness.  Go girls!

Rob is itching to go and I have a phone appointment in 3 hours.  So off to stretch and go.  If you want to see what I have to say about Friday the 13, go to my Poetry Journal.

Be blessed as you treasure this day.

                         

      Thank you Kathy for sagging this siggy tag for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the hug!  Good for your girls in their 'moving up' the blet level.  Take it easy on your walk- same thing happens to me when it's cold and damp- all my old injuries come back to haunt me if I don't stay stretched.  Have a wonderful weekend!  Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny
I'm glad that you had anice walk in the rain and that you enjoyed the birds; albeit a trifle difficult today! I hope yuo will fit some rest and stretches in!
Good Luck ot Andrea and Kayla with theri purple belts! how awesome!
love and hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a 3 wonderful weekend!  Best of luck to the girls.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good walk and a good weekend.
Pam