Wednesday, September 20, 2006

UGH!

                                               

The first thing I did wrong was to type an entire entry without saving it to the clipboard. The second thing I did wrong was to go to Photobucket for my graphic without minimizing my journal first.  UGH!  You would think after 2 years of journaling, I would know better. 

So here's the gist of what I wrote (I'm saving it this time): 

Andrea came home from school in tears - again! - her science teacher failed her on her first project and first test.  I was told that all special-ed kids would be taking science.  She worked so hard on that folder project!  I knew some of it wasn't quite right, but had been told that she would be graded on a different scale than the regular kids.  She wasn't.  So mama-bear here is going back to the school again tomorrow.  I wonder if they hate me yet?  I just finished talking to the school psychologist and he's going to introduce me to the new principal.  I'm ready!  I'll fight to the death for my kids.  Please pray for changes to come about.

I've been dealing with some strange emotions lately.  I don't sleep much, do too much or nothing and I just want to hide out.  Now I know that I can't hide from God and He already understands what's going on with me.  I just don't totally understand.  I pray and give my thoughts to Him and in a few minutes I take them back to play with.  I also know that all the strength I'll ever need is right there in His outstretched hands waiting for me to reach out and take as my own.  So why don't I give it all up?  Am I without faith?  I guess I'm just too human to let go.  I've always been so independent and now I look to God and others (ROB) for my help.  I have faith.  I know I'm not now nor ever will be alone.  The Lord will always have me close to Him.  There is true comfort in that. 

One last thing:  My friend Krissy and her husband John are the picture of courage to me. The haven't given up once!  He's been so sick.  It's been more than hard for them.  Yet they are home again from Hershey.  I love them so much.  Go check her journal to see what their lives are like . . .it will put into perspective what true faith can do.

That's all for now.  I'm going to fix supper and rest some more.

Be blessed today,

                         

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when AOL eats an entry. Photobucket made my PC crash 2 days ago.

i am sorry to hear how Andrea was graded....i know you will go and make your voice heard!
love you
lj

Anonymous said...

go get them momma bear:) you have to fight for your kids cause if you don't who will? i know i fought the whole time my kids were in school, ugh... some people just don't understand. Have a good evening

Deb

Anonymous said...

I know so well how hard it is for special ed kids.My son is mentally handicapped and was in special ed all during school...They have a hard enough time without having a teacher fail them on their first science project and test...I was always at school and I know they hated to see me coming!
God bless you.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Go get her grade fixed!!  They shouldn't have done that!  I hope you feel better.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Andrea and her year at school.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny- You know- you and I sound an awful lot alike.  I have often struggled with giving everything to Him.  I wonder sometimes if I have enough trust and faith.  I do give up some things, and sometimes, I take them back for a little bit- but I have been slow in learning how to fully trust in Him with every last bit of me.  Hopefully I'll get it!  I'm praying for Andrea- for a better time at school and for her teachers that they will look more at her effort than at finished product.  I had a few teachers that were more interested in what was done- not how hard I tried to get it, even if it was wrong!  That's sad that she's having such a hard time already- got to be hard on a kid when they know they've got so many more months.  I pray that something good will come about.  You go down to that school and tell them what's what!  She's your girl, and you have every right to get in there and see what's going on.  Keep the faith!  Hugs and prayers- love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

There are some serious parallels in our lives, my dear friend...  I hope the sun shines down on you from behind the clouds and brightens your days.  It really angers me about that science teachers actions concerning Andrea's project.  I am really remembering for the first time since high school why I had such a difficult time and why teachers just made my life miserable.  And yes, I work with special ed kids everyday, but I can still complain about the so called "help" some teachers give.    God bless ~ Michelle  

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Penny - you have a strong focus, you know what to do.  CATHY

Anonymous said...

I hope you got that teacher straightened out, Mama Bear!
Lori

Anonymous said...

LOL Penny I still make boos boos like that with my computer. Listen. I have gone thru the hiding out thing alot myself. Fight it. It's not good for you and besides it gives satan more time to mess with your emotions and mind,know what I mean?When you feel this way reach out to someone,it helps. And of course God. He is always with you and knows all. Take care

Hugs
angelrose

Anonymous said...

I have completed an entry that I just know could win the nobel prize only to hit that red X at the top instead of save. I feel your pain.

Sorry about your little girl.  Let us know how it turns out.  Gotta love Mama Bears!!!!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Stick up for your babies!  And let God stick up for you.  ;o)  Will have you in my prayers.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

God Bless you Penny for sticking up for a child who is not being treated fairly!
Actually there is a guarantee (a legal one) that special ed kids who have difficulty due to physical or mentla conditions beyond their control be given some instruction that is geared to their level of understnading and ability(scaffolding).
Should this not occur I would go ahead and contact the school baord, the superintendent and others. Good Luck!
Ilove you!
natalie