Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Woo Hoo!!!

                              

This must be the best Valentine's Day I've had in a while.  Last year, I had my gall bladder out on the 14th.  This year, we have 3 little girls to share the day with and we are having a Valentine's Party just for us:  gifts, hot dogs and an ice cream cake.

The best gift has already come!  I am typing this on my NEW LAPTOP!!!  Yay, yay, yay!  I can spend more time keeping up with my journal and alerts and won't have to sit in that awful chair.

Last night, we told Kayla that her mom has been placed on the transplant list for a kidney and liver.  She was stoic as her uncle talked to her, but fell apart about 10 minutes later.  She threw herself on my bed and cuddled up with me..  She cried for quite a while, then asked if her mom should pass away would we take care of them?  It broke my heart to hear it, but I told her that as long as her family agreed we would certainly consider it. 

I haven't had a chance to take a picture of the bunk beds.  I have tomorrow and Thursday off and should be able to do that then.  The kids are so happy to each have their own bed and own sheets and own coverlets.  I couldn't be more pleased. 

Lupe was at my work for a while today when Rob went to the dentist.  She is such a delight!  She was copying letters and numbers (sometimes out of order) and asking me to spell words for her.  She was using a little sticky note pad that I got her for Valentine's.  At one point, she told me to close my eyes and not peek.  I obeyed and could feel small fingers tapping, climing on my back.  I said, "ooh, what is that??  It's not a spider, is it?" and she said "Yup" with that smug little smile she has.  I wandered to the files to put in files and heard her giggling behind me . . .she had drawn a spider on her sticky-note and stuck it to my shirt.  She and Elaine and I had a great laugh. 

I think it's laughter that makes my heart sing.  I hear the girls in their room playing and giggling and I feel joy in my heart.  Yes, they argue as well, but they have truly added a new song to my soul.  What ever happens with Lupe and Kayla, our hearts have been touched forever.

I pray that the rest of your Valentine's Day is as good as mine has already been.  Blessings, Penny

        

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day for you all....love fills your home.

Anonymous said...

So glad you got your new laptop and the girls are bringing you such joy. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Love eminates from this entry.  Happy Valentines Day, Pennie

Anonymous said...

This was the lovliest valentine entry I've read all day.  Yes, just 'filled' with LOVE.  How wonderful!    Judy, in CT

Anonymous said...

We need to see a picture of you with your new laptop! What a sweet child, Lupe is. You are right, with Andrea, Kayla, and Lupe, you have a beautiful extended family. After their mother gets well enough, this bonding will never disappear. I think you have a new family... but I think you've had many extended families before, and you are very familiar with this method of growing a family! god bless and love to all. Bea

Anonymous said...

Penny~Sounds great! I miss kids in my life! xox Sassy

Anonymous said...

What a great entry.  Lucky you getting a laptop, now you need never be off the computer lol.  Glad you had such a good day.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/frdbrow7/FredasDiaries/

Anonymous said...

Oops sorry for the confusion under my last comment. I meant to post my own journal link but forgotten I had copied somebody else's lol.  A senior moment I think. But it is me, Jeannette lolol

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I know no one with a heart as big as yours. You have come so far in your life and you are so wise. These girls are so lucky to have you but i know you feel like the lucky one. LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

A hearty congrats on the new laptop!  It's so much fun to be portable.  Seems to me that you were meant to have a housefull of children -- and that any child who is fortunate to have you in their life will blossom!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, I agree with the comment about you being meant to have children all around you, you are just right for those little girls:o)  I remember you having surgery last year because I had my hand surgery on the 16th, so a year ago today I was getting ready for the hospital...thank goodness that is over now!  :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
(((Penny)))) You give new meaning to the work of protecting families and lovers liek Saint Valentine did! I'm so ahppy that you had sucha fun party with the kids!
Belatedly Happy Hearts Day sweetheart! youare sucha loving woman to thsoe kids! theyare so lucky!
love,antalie