Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday Madhouse

               

Welcome to Sunday at our madhouse.  I started to write this before church, then got side-tracked.  The girls didn't want to get out of bed.  Then they had "nothing to we-ar" (insert whine here).  I told them I would take Lupe with me, so not to worry about her.

At last, about 3 minutes before Sunday school was to start, they were rushing papa to get out of here.  He told them they weren't in a hurry when he wanted them to get up, so he wasn't in a hurry now.  Pouting, they went out to the car to wait for him. 

While they were on their way, I took my shower, put on my great red terry cloth bathrobe and went in to help Lupe get dressed.  I just took them all shopping on Thursday afternoon and purchased quite a few new things for Lupe as well as the other girls.  I could not find Lupe's new things.  They weren't in the closet, her drawers, the armoir . . . no where.  Finally I found a blue shirt and blue pants.  Of course the pants were about a foot too long, so I had to cut them off and hem them.

After hemming, I told Lupe to dress and put on her shoes and socks while I got dressed.  She could only find one shoe.  That's when the fecal matter hit the oscillator.  I looked everywhere, finding clothes all balled up and stuffed in corners and nothing much on the hangers.  I found Lupe's new clothes, still in the bag, crammed way under the bottom bunk.  Of course there were a lot of other clothes under there as well.  And waaaay over by the wall was Lupe's other shoe.  We got the shoe and went to church.

The girls are now in their room picking up, hanging, folding and separating their clothes.  I put everything I found crammed in the wrong place on their beds. They are not happy about this turn of events.  They thought today would be a play day since there is no school tomorrow.  Think again, bright angels.

I hate being the one who makes them do things.  But it seems I am the only one they take seriously.  Do I look mean or something?  Rob has the deep voice and stern words, but they shine him on.  Then the wicked witch of Ventura has to step in and make them do what needs to be done.  You know, it doesn't sound like they are getting much work done in there.  Sounds more like playtime.  Should I break up the revelry?  Leave them alone?  Go play with them.  Nahhh - I don't feel like playing right now.  I'll figure it out.  I always do.

I'm not quite sure why the Lord picked us for this task.  I guess it would be best not to try to second guess His perfect will.  I do know that since they have arrived, His blessings have been poured out upon our home and our lives. 

Rob is going to take my picture for you so you can see my new smile.  I have front teeth for the first time in years and my smile is complete.  I am so happy.  Next we do the lowers which will be just molars, to match the molars they made for me on top and so I can finally chew without looking funny.  This is also God's blessing, because we never could have afforded to do this on our own.  He deserves all the honor and praise and glory.

Okay.  I've decided to get up and be the ogre.  Wish me luck or at least pray for my sanity.  I love and appreciate you all.

Blessings,

                          

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there darlin'...tomorrow's a new day.

andi

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your smile...what did you have done to your teeth?

Anonymous said...

You can't be the ogre... look how your other children turned out!! Do what you've always been doing... it must be what works for children, after all. Congratulations on the new teeth... can't wait to see the photo. God Bless you Penny. The girls will love you after they clean their room. Bea

Anonymous said...

Very happy for you!!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Being an ogre is what I do best!  I just KNOW they will understand someday.... ;oP
michelle  

Anonymous said...

the Best of Luck
and God Bless you Penny!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, every family needs at least one ogre! :o)))

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Being an ogre once in awhile is ok. They know that you are their mom the rest of the time.  I have to praise you for taking these little lost souls into your home and into your heart.  You will get more joy than you will ever imagine from those girls.  They are angels and God entrusted them to your loving home.  Praise him for his all knowing.  
I wish you luck and with I could help someway, too!!!!
Keep writing
from Pamela









1

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny~You know as well as I do that they need discipline/direction. Glad ya'll made it out the door! ;-) Blessings, Sassy

http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

You sound like you've been initiated as a Mom of teenagers. I have two teenagers and my hubby is the good cop so that leaves me to be the bad one.  

Anonymous said...

LOL  I know, I know!  It's not funny!  But it is when it's someone else!   You could live up to their whines...I don't have anything to wear!...make it so...they have to take back all their new clothes.  Oh so mean!

My aunt did that to her husband once, he was complaining about supper.   Something to the effect .... it wasn't fit for dogs etc etc.  She just took his plate outside and scraped it off for the dogs.  He didn't get any supper!  Needless to say he never complained about her cooking again!  LOL

Hang in there Penny! You're really not an ogre!  :)

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Just catching up here Pennie!  This is my second read of this entry and again, it cracked me up.  Reminds me of when my #2 daughter cleans her room!  No telling where anything will be, but in her mind, it's all good and neat!  LOL