Friday, February 10, 2006

Faithful

I'm at work today and don't have access to pictures or tags, but I wanted to give you all an update on our lives.  We are still a housefull of 3 young girls.  Kayla and Andrea are both in school, but we have hit a snag with Lupe.  She may have to be re-evaluated before they will put her in school.  Ugh!  Poor Lupe - everyone else disappears and she is left to stay home with "papa" Rob.  They came to my work to pick up some bricks today and Lupe looks none the worse for the wear.  She is such a happy little girl all the time.

We have been praying for financial blessings for some time.  Rob was receiving partial benefits from the Veteran's Association and we asked for 100% benefits over a year ago.  We have not been complaining, there is always enough, but now that we have more kids in our house, finances have been stretched.  We always make sure to give our tithes and offerings before anything else.  It says in Malachi 3:10 that if you bring your best to the storehouse of the Lord, just wait and see if He won't open the windows of heaven and pour out the blessings . . .more than we could imagine.  Just that happened!  Yesterday Rob got word that yes, they would give him full benefits, that Andrea and I are entitled and she will get medical care.  Isn't that awesome?  We are overwhelmed at His faithfulness to us.  He met our needs and now some of our wants.  I can do fewer hours at work and have more time for Rob and the girls.

Angie is still in the hospital.  She needs lots of prayer.  She not only needs a new liver, but a kidney as well.  The doctors are meeting today to talk about her placement on the donor list.  Please pray that these little girls won't lose their mom.  I know we pray for God's will in everything, but I would surely like our will and His to match this time.

I pray the rest of your day will be filled with blessings. 

 

                                   Penny

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny what good people you and your husband are.  Send our love and prayers.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny ,
(((((Penny))))) What a nice person you are!
I am so happy that you got the coverage for allof you! And I wil continue to pray for you, Angie, and  the family
love Always, natalie

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you'll recieve the full benefit now. You're doing so much for the girls, you deserve some help. I pray Angie will get her new liver and kidney. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Rob is eligible and you will have less worries now and can be home more.
Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

What a struggle for that family, yet they are so blessed to have you in their lives.  I work with a little girl with Downs and she is the highlight of my day...yes, there are challenges, but we face them together.  I pray Lupe will find a place to feel welcome, cared about, nurtured and taught.. in an enviornment that is just right for her.  So often schools want children to be just right for THEM, when in fact they need to adapt to the gifts of their students just a little more often.  I'm so blessed to be working in a school that does just that!!  hugs,  michelle

Anonymous said...

   Penny ... I am happy that this good news came along right when you needed it.  And the girls' mom is still on my prayer list.  Let's hope that God blesses her with what she needs ... when she needs it.  Tina

Anonymous said...

I promise the think of the folks you mentioned when it's time for prayers tonight.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

So glad that things are going smoothly with the girls. lipe will get in school soon.
Isn't it wonderful how God takes care of those who put Him first!
Still have Angie's name in my prayer box.
Making my way around J-Land, wanted to stop & say hi.
Blessings,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYLIFE/

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Angie and hugs for all of you.  Happy news on Rob's benefits.  

Anonymous said...

You and Rob are to be admired.   The good Lord will watch over you all.  
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Yes, awesome about the tithing and the benefits! Praying for the girl's Mom~Blessings, Sassy ;-)