Sunday, February 12, 2006

End of a very long Sunday

I absolutely know that there are only 24 hours a day, but I feel like I've been on the go for 36 hours and it's only 9:15 pm.  Today we all got up early to take pictures to print for our pastor's memory book.  He will be transitioning down from senior pastor and be with us about 1/3 of the year.  One of our elders is stepping up as senior.  Anyway, I'm sharing some of the pictures we took with you.  I wish I had thought to take a full-length of Lupe.  She looked very cute in a skirt.

I also translated the service this morning for a man named Jose.  He's new to our church and has made the decision to be baptized with his wife and dedicate their children to the Lord.  As so many of us have, he has kind of a "past" and would like prayer for himself and his family as they build their lives again in Christ.

After church, we had a party/potluck to love on our pastors of 11 years (well, not our pastors, but theirs).  Rob, Andrea and I sang a song to them in Spanish.  It was quite an honor to share it with them.  We had good food, good fellowship and lots of love.

Then we brought Rob home and left him to his own devices while we went looking for a bunk bed.  I will post pictures of it tomorrow.  We got a beautiful, sturdy bed at a good price.  Hank helped us to bring it home and I took the girls on a promised shopping trip.  We bought rolling drawer carts for the girls, some new clothes, hangers, and new shoes for all. I got a new purse.  Praise God for His provision.

The girls and I got home a little after 7 pm.  Rob had been working very hard to get the bedroom ready for the bunks to go up.  We've just had prayer and the girls are in bed and I am headed there when I finish writing tonight.

I have some wonderful (for me) news!  My new laptop shipped yesterday.  It has all the bells and whistles I wanted.  I can hardly wait to have it in my hands.  Cool, huh?  (BIG GRIN goin' on here) 

Well, J-Landers, this is the end ofa very long day for me and for them.  My back, head, neck and legs are screaming for the mattress and I'm listening for once. 

Blessings to all of you,

                         Penny

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a happy and fulfilling Sunday..GOOD FOR YOU! I hope you were able to get some rest. I cant wait to see the new bunkbed. I bet when you sang in Spanish it was beautiful. LOVE YOU, lisa

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
thank you and God Bless you adn he kids and yuor sweetie and the church!
Woohoo! we can always celelbrate our lvoed ones! The girls look so wonderful in your picture book and you and your husband look very content!Meanwhile I love you very much Penny! Happy VAlentines Day! love,nat

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
thank you and God Bless you adn he kids and yuor sweetie and the church!
Woohoo! we can always celelbrate our lvoed ones! The girls look so wonderful in your picture book and you and your husband look very content!Meanwhile I love you very much Penny! Happy VAlentines Day! love,nat

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your day was full, good news about the laptop!! The girls always look so happy in photos and I love the one of you and Rob! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Those girls are beautiful and I love the smiles on their faces!!!  You have a very handsome sweetie!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Penny!  I am so thankful God is providing many wonderful things for you.  New laptop and bunkbeds and clothes and shoes...and something for a busy mommy:  way to go on the new purse!  God is so good!  Glad you got the bells n whistles you wanted on your laptop!!  Woo Hoo!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Good journal...looking forward to what God will do next in your unique little family.  I/we are praying for you and the girls.

Love, ruth

Anonymous said...

So nice to see the picture of you and Rob together. You both look so happy. Tkae care.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

wonderful entry..thank you for sharing these beautiful pics.
Gem :-)