Monday, October 24, 2005

Once a Geek . . .

                                

I know I'm a geek, c'mon guys, aren't some of you geeks as well?  Aren't most of your friends in here somewhere?  I got this graphic this morning and even though it's not a woman, I identify with it so much I just had to use it.  If that guy had a toothless smile, boobs and more hair, he would be me.

I spend more time than I could ever have imagined with this machine in front of me.  Before AOL-J, I was just a nerd, writing, playing games and nearly always on the 'puter.  Then I joined the fun in J-Land.  Soon I was participating in weekly assignments from several directions and making comments in journals.  From those journals, I began to chat with some of my new friends by IM and phone.  I am a real homebody, so I was thrilled to make new friends.

So here I am this morning with my laptop, the bird and my first cup of coffee.  My fmily is trained.  Mama gets to open up AOL and see what her friends are doing before she talks much.  Yes, they perpetuate my geekiness because they love me.  That's pretty cool, huh?  Dufus seems to like the 'puter as well.  He sits patiently on my shoulder while I play Pogo in the evenings. 

I've met new friends thru CarnivAOL, where people submit their fovorite postings for others to read for the first time or once again.  I sent a couple myself.  It's really cool.  I'm going to send again soon. 

And just recently, J-Land is doing VIVI awards!  People in J-Land are recognizing their own!  So many great journals have been nominated, I can't believe it.  Of course, several of my friends have gotten nominations and I feel so happy for them.  I knew who they were, but now, everyone will know how neat their journals are.  I was surprised by my own nomination and am grateful to my friends who nominated me.  Here's the rub:  I have been reading journals I've never heard of before since the nominations came out.  I can't just read one entry, I have to read several.  Some are so good that I want to put them on alerts.  Also, I feel the need to congratulate you all on your nominations.  Whew! I've been so busy I'm neglecting my friends.  Sorry friends.  I do love you all, but I have been soooo busy!  I'll be back in a few days.

Now, since it's my day off, Rob has offered to take us out to breakfast.  I can't pass that up.  I'm more than just a computer geek, really I am.  I also have to eat sometimes.

Love y'all

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you I have found great new journals under the nominations, like you my computer goes on first thing before anything else is done to check what alerts there are and e-mails. My computer changed my life and J-Land changed it most of all.  What great people.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family/

Anonymous said...

I love that graphic!  It is soo true!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Penny, I love that first graphic, it is hilarious!  Actually, that Penny graphic is cool too!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I've never looked back since finding J Land. It's the wonderful folks that make it what it is. That graphic is oh so true.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

I agree, there are some great journals out there waiting to be read. Love the first graphic, very true!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the nomination!!  I just knew you'd get something because you have a great journal and because I voted for you!! Lol!!  Geeks are great and very popular I think these days to be one!  : )  Hope you had a nice day!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love the sentiments in that graphic as well!  Thanks for stopping by Musings, congrats on your nomination, and my prayers are with Andrea that she gets whatever help she needs to learn and have a full, rich life. - Karen

Anonymous said...

yes that graphic could be me too....all of my friends live in my computer! And I've created this whole life for myself...and one that I truly love!

Anonymous said...

We've gotta get Doofus and Peekabo together!  LOLL

andi

Anonymous said...

psst... Penny, girl, you need help!  There is a place that helps people like you... check out this link.  See you there, Dorn