Tuesday, October 4, 2005

EXHAUSTED

I am so tired I can't see straight.  The pure joy of being in the presence of the Lord in such a manner as we were last weekend has taken its toll this week.  I'm sleeping well, but am physically drained.  Was it worth it?  YOU BET IT WAS!!  I'd do it again tomorrow.

A few updates for you.  Before heading out to Camp Meeting, I went to the doctor for a post-surgery check up.  As expected, the tumor was benign.  I felt that it was all along, but a few times my head ran away with me and I worried.  Praise God that it was just a little thing!

The repairs to our car last weekend cost half my monthly paycheck for September.  Ouch!  I'm grateful that I have a job, else we might have had to abandon the car and take a train home.  The place that worked on the car gave an estimate on Friday, telling us that repairs would take about 3 - 4 hours.  We went back Saturday afternoon and waited for about 3 hours while they fixed more stuff and replaced old lines with new.  We could see the dollar scale tipping, but we were at their mercy.  Over 24 hours after we took the car to them, the job was finally finished.  I closed my eyes and prayed as I gingerly slid my debit card out of its sleeve.  When she told me the amount, it was the same as the estimate they had given the day before.  They didn't charge for several extra hours labor or the new lines they had to put in!  Not all miracles are health-related, folks.  If you are ever in San Bernardino and need help with your car, let me know.  I know just where to send you!

I want to thank all of you for your lovely comments and e-mails recently.  They have meant a lot to me.  I never realized when I stepped into J-Land that my family would become so huge.  I have relatives all over the world now.  It will be a tough go for me to make my choices for VIVI awards.  I wish I had 100 screen names so I could nominate all of you.  I wasn't able to get on the computer at work today and I had nearly 200 e-mails when I logged on tonite.  Most of them were from my alerts.  Can't scale them down, I might miss something.  And then I read the comments in your journals and go to visit others and Oh My Goodness, I add more!  Maybe that's why I'm so exhausted.

YA THINK?

Be blessed tonight,

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do think that is why you are exhausted, lol.  The alerts can really keep you busy!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Penny great news!!!! Take your time reading the posts aren't going any where!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Relieved to know you are home complete with a car. Take care.
Sylvia
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

Glad to know it was benign! YAY!  And I am glad that you're home safe and sound :)
Hugs,
xoxo
Heather

Anonymous said...

I`m so pleased that the tumour was benign. The worry of it must have been hard.  I`m having car problems but I think I`d have trouble getting my car to the US...lol! :-)

Sandra xxxx