Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  The Santa Ana winds have come again and the wind is blowing hard here where I work.  The door blows open, calendar leaps off the wall, blinds quiver and the door closes again.  Not to be outdone, the wind changes directions and blows over the bathroom wastebasket, slamming the door.  I have at least a pound (I never exaggerate) of grit in each eye.  YUCK!

To beat all, I woke up with a stuffy nose and scratchy throat.  I think it's allergies related to the winds.  That's my story and you're stuck with it.  I started a photo journal of my day at work today and will probably post the pictures tomorrow.

My co-worker is taking a few days vacation time, so I am the sole office worker this week.  That has its ups and downs.  It gets awfully quiet around here. Elaine and I talk together when she is here.  She's been gone a lot, but came bursting through the door today sick as a dog.  Poor gal!  What a terrible way to spend vacation.  Her stomach is giving her fits and she's so weak.  I'm praying for her.  It's about all I can do.  I offered to drive her to the doctor, but she wants to wait until morning. 

Did you guys all see the wonderful multi-pics of my granddaughter Athena?  If not, stop by John's blog and take a look.  I love them!  I need that program!  It would be so awesome to be able to manipulate my pictures like that.  And of course, you all know how beautiful my children and grandchildren are with out and changes to the pictures. 

When I look at my kids, their kids and the rest of my family, I see how truly blessed I am in this life.  We don't all agree on everything, but we love each other and are supportive of one another.  What more could you ask of life?  Material stuff?  Yes, but without my God and my family, it's all dust.  Lucky girl!  Yep, blessed.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Athena is beautiful!!!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

EVERYBODY is getting sick! How sad!!!
Peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Could have done with some of that wind here. It's so cloudy and damp. Take care.
Sylviaxx