Thursday, February 24, 2005

Weekend Assignment # 12

Joh's journal asks:

Weekend Assignment #12: Thanks to time travel and invisibility, you can be on the spot for any important event of the last 100 years (1905 onward). Which important historical event do you choose? As a twist, if you actually were at an important historical event, you can't pick that one. Why? Because you were there already. What, you want to be there twice? Think of the paradox!

I thought of all kinds of world-shattering things, but kept coming back to this:  I would have liked to have been there at Iwojima on February 23, 1945, when the Marines raised the American Flag?  Why you ask?  Well, I hadn't thought about it much through the years until I married a man who was born on that same day.  Can you imagine the joy and exhilaration of the soldiers as they raised our flag?  Such pride we Americans had then for flag and country.  Do we have it now?  Likely not as much.  I wish we did.  What a wonderful country we livein!  What fabulous freedoms we have.  Ever doubt it?  Go to a 3rd world country to live and then come home and kiss the ground of the best country in the world!

Extra Credit: Think of a piece of now-dated slang that should be brought back into circulation. Make it reasonably clean slang, please

Well, John, I always liked, "Bitchen"  but then I thought then I was a surfer girl. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bitchin' LOL  Cool!  This is really, really neat, Penny!  Yes, we don't know how good we have it!  I sometimes sit and think how good I DO have it, but then I do whine too much, too.  I need to stop that and just try to change what I can.  Hmmm... great post, love!!  Take care, honey! xox

Anonymous said...

Bitchin' LOL  Cool!  This is really, really neat, Penny!  Yes, we don't know how good we have it!  I sometimes sit and think how good I DO have it, but then I do whine too much, too.  I need to stop that and just try to change what I can.  Hmmm... great post, love!!  Take care, honey! xox

Anonymous said...

I like your answer.  We do have it better than so many third world countries. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

LOL,  I like bitchen too.  Us Capricorns got stick together.  
John comes up with some "Bitchen" assignments.  Hey, that'll work.  Haha  It's great to meet another Jan 17th baby.
Tami
http://journals.aol.com/rivercitygirl1/PicturePages