Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Wednesday Morning

It's Wednesday morning and I've been stewing in self-pity for several days.  I had a very painful procedure/test on Friday morning and haven't felt well since.  Addin insult to injury, I also have to have my gall bladder out.  I haven't really wanted to talk about this too much, preferring to wallow when possible.  I've been online some, even wrote in my other journal.  Fortunately, I can't stand this another day.

I'm getting up to work on some things around here.  I don't care if it hurts, I've had enough.  I need to do laundry and perhaps cook a meal today.  We did go out yesterday to buy a vacuum cleaner for the new house.  It was all I could handle.  I came home and took a 2-hour nap.  Boy!  My life is exciting!

Rob and Andrea have been wonderful.  They have pampered me no end.  Of course, Andrea has an ulterior motive . . .she thinks if I'm sick I won't make her study.  Poor kid was sorely disappointed.  Rob just wants his wife back.  At least I'm not too grumpy. 

Saw the house again yesterday.  It's coming along.  Hank put a deck on one side so we won't fall through to the shop.  Looks real good.  He's going to buy white cabinets for the kitchen, which suits me fine because I'm going to make the room bright by painting trim chinese red.  Don't worry, there's not too much trim.  I'm doing the room in chili peppers.

He's also ready to finish up the bathroom in the next day or so.  It's really small, but the tub is great - an old cast iron tub that's plenty deep.  I will be a happy camper.  Our pastor's brother brought carpet for the rest of the house.  Mostly it's on the brown side, but one good sized piece for our room is hunter green - my favorite.  Think I'll do our room in jewel colors.  I can't wait to share pictures when it's done.

Thanks to all who wrote with prayer support.  I've really needed it these past few days and just knowing that you thought of me was a blessing.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being in pain is awful and I do hope you get all this over and done with soon.  Best to keep going if you can, wallowing does not help a lot because it does not change anything unfortunately.  The decorations are going to look nice and I am glad you family is being very supportive. Lol about the studying.

Anonymous said...

I`m glad that you are being so positive.  But it must be so hard for you with all that pain.  Do make sure you get plenty of rest and take care of YOU, and don`t overdo the housework !   Sandra x

Anonymous said...

The fear is the worst part of the procedure - they do it so quickly now with such little invasion that you will be thrilled with the result.  Micro surgery & micro lasers are wonderful things!  Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get this procedure done. I know fear is always the worst part of any type procedure.  But, the recovery and feeling well again make it all worth the effort.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. BTW, I LOVE those old fashioned type cast  iron tubs that are nice and deep where you can actually soak/relax.  Ahhhh nice!

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

I love jewel tones.  That sounds wonderful!!  So glad your home is coming along so nicely :-)  So, so sorry about your pain, honey.  You are in my prayers, as always, love xox

Anonymous said...

hey girl been missing u ..let me tell u my week has not been a good one either..i dont know if ill make it thru it this time...im sooooo stressing

http://journals.aol.com/hope4meeeee/MYTHOUGHTSANDFEELINGS  

Anonymous said...

Hope u are feeling better. Prayers for tyour strength and healing. Take care and get your surgery done. God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

    I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling so well, Penny... Just know that there are LOTs of prayers floating around out here for you !! Take care of yourself......Tina   =)

Anonymous said...

You are not wallowing in self pity as I told you, you are just recognizing you are sick is all.  You are allowed to be sick.  
Don't forget we will be praying for you.
As for the house, it sound lovely!  I love jewel tones! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!!  I was wondering what had happened to you!!  Praying for a speedy recovery!!  Also, I think the chilli peppers and jewel colors will look beautiful in your new home!!!  Great decorating ideas!!  Have fun with your plans and I just love the decorating part... it is sooooooooo awesome!!
Hugs,
Lisa