Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fresh Jam

Doesn't this look wonderful? Dreamy thoughts of fresh jam poured into jars, waxed, closed in, boiled, placed to cool and put in the pantry. Perhaps they will be given as gifts . . . who knows.

That really wasn't what I wanted to write here, but just as I placed the graphic I had such memories coming back that I spaced for a couple of minutes. Well, I'm kind of spacy anyway

It's been raining pretty heavily here in Ventura. There is even snow on the top of our local mountains. It's supposed to rain again tonight and then warm up again. Truth is, except for the odd extreme highs and low,Southern California is a very wonderful place to be. We think we are freezing when the thermometer drops below 50 degrees. We are furious when the temperature hits 90 degrees (at least I am - fibro). Life is rough, huh?

The last few days have been tough around here. Everyone has been sick. Lupe went to school yesterday, Andrea went to school today and perhaps Kayla will go back tomorrow. I still have a gravely voice and the cough but I feel well from whatever it is we have had.

The other stresser this week has been this: Kayla and Lupe are leaving the nest on Saturday. Here they are with us last year at Sea World.; Lupe on left, then Kayla and Andrea

I will tell you this - it hasn't been an easy year. They lost Mama, had to get used to us (tough!) and used to a new school. Throughout the last year we have grown to love the girls very much. I have been quite ill this year, especially since I went into the hospital in August. This has made me less able to be all I can be for anyone in the family. Poor Rob has done my work, his work, supervised the girls and of course he has driven them everywhere they needed to go The girls (Andrea & Kayla) have been cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and their rooms . . . well so-so on the room . . . gosh . . . they are pre-teens afterall, whaddya expect?

To make a long story a little shorter, the result is this - Kayla and Lupe will be living with a wonderful (much younger) woman from our church. The new home has a larger bedroom and walk-in closet where they can store their "stuff".

It will be quieter around here and I will have a chance to build up my strength so I can be a more able wife and mom. I know we will miss them a lot. The good thing is that they will still be in our church and close by if we want to visit. And Andrea will have her mom and dad to herself again.

Well guys, I am getting very sleepy so I am going to sign off and hit the rack. I pray blessings on you all,







18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself!  I'm glad the girls have another good home to go to.

Anonymous said...

You know how much I admire you :).  Feel better!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

Yes, jam sure looks good to me!  Hope all feel better...and sounds wonderful the kids have a great home to go to...but they also are in one of the best...have a great day.  Hugs to all,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))You making me hungry just looking at that graffic with the jam.lol.That is a beatiful pic of you all.At least they will be close by and you all can see eachother at church and probllay have them over from time to time.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone feel better soon. Florida is just like Ventura. We've been having extreme temperature swings too. Case in point, yesterday it was freezing and it's hot and muggy today. Hugs to all!

Anonymous said...

Your weather sounds like heaven to me! Glad you found a good home for the girls.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

sounds like things are going to work out nicely for the girls.  i know that you -- and they  -- have been blessed by the time they have had with you.  and at least by staying within the church family it won't feel like anyone will be just forgotten.

keeping you in my prayers.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny, that is all such good news sweetie! the girls will be happy, you can be more of a wife and a mom to your girl and they will do fine! even your birds will get more attention! thanks for telling us! lovely photo!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

I know it will be hard to see them go, just the same.  But it does sound like a good plan for everyone.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I THINK YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB AND NOW IT IS TIME TO RELAX AND ENJOY YOURSELF A LITTLE...LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

what a great thing to take in those kids. You are wonderful. It's great that someone from your Church will be taking them in so you can still see them. Just feel better and get your strength back up. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

This weather sure has been different, hasn't it?  Actually, I like the cool temps, although I wish they were accompanied by clear, crisp blue skies. Oh, well, can't have everything !  
    I hope that you are all feeling better soon.  Sounds like you have some changes ahead for you.  I am praying that all goes well with the transition for the girls, and for you, too.  Tina

Anonymous said...

I hope the transition for the girls and you goes well.  I'm sure you will miss each other a lot.
Feel better soon!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Dang. I know you will miss them. Please get your strenghth back soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're still going to be close to the girls.  Hope you continue to feel better, too.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a difficult time you have been having but those kids have been in good hands with you and I know you will miss them.  Hope you have a nice weekend.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I know you will miss their voices, and their stories, and their thoughts. It is good that you will be able to be a part of their lives after they leave. It must be so hard on them, to have gone through so much with separation from loved ones in less than a year's time. It has been inspiring following your journal throughout it all. You are our role model, Penny! God bless you all. bea

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny- That's a good picture of you all.  I can't imagine that it will be easy not to have the girls around all the time- but it is good though that they will be with a family from your church so you can still see each other.  I think I came down with what you've had- hope no one else does!  I'm glad you're getting over it now though.  Hopefully you'll all have a chance to settle down and get back into your own places and be able to be healthy and helpful to each other.  Anyways Penny, I pray everything will be OK and work out well.  Have a great week, and God Bless!!  Carolyn :)