Sunday, February 4, 2007

Finally . . . I get a chance to do an entry!

Today is the start of registration for JournalTournament IVclick on the link to find out more I tried the Journal Tournament Revolutionized in December. I think I will like this one better. Go to his 2/2/07 entry to read the schedule.

Something else is happening today. I am so excited. At around 2:00 pm, someone is coming home with me:

Isn't she cute? She's an older dog who just needs a loving family to be with for her remaining years. Cuddling is her favorite thing. Just what I need as I struggle through my health problems.

Kayla and Lupe's move went smoothly yesterday. Miss D. had a big surprise for them: Kayla's old bedroom set was waiting for them. We also sent the bunk beds with them and Miss D gave us a beautiful daybed. I cried at their leaving. Miss D gave me a great big hug. They are only 2 miles away, for heaven's sake. I feel a real sense of relief as well as loss. Now we can work on health problems one at a time and keep our family close

SUPER BOWL TODAY

Rob and I need time that we didn't get. He took care of the 3 girls 99% of the time in addition to trying to keep ahead of the work here. It's time for us to spend time with our daughter and each other.

God has his hand on all of this. I have felt His love for us as we shared our home with two little girls who had some hard stuff to go through. A year ago, Miss D had a desire to care for the girls, but was totally unprepared. The Lord did his work on her and when the time came, she stepped up to the plate. Praise His holy name!

I still have the flu, but can at least get out of bed today. I'm ready to put fresh newspaper in the bottom of the bird cages and take a shower. I pray that all of you have a blessed day.







14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny can you tell us more about the Journal Tournament, I've never heard of it before.  Thanks.
Kessa is too cute!!!  Good luck with her.  I have a soft spot for rehomed animals, especially ones that need a safe happy place in their later years.  Kudos to you for giving her that.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling some better!  I know it will seem strange at first, but I'm sure you and the girls will all be blessed!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

It sounds as everything is working out well for all of you Penny. I hope you get over your flu very soon and will be 100% well again.  Kessa is a little sweetheart, I I look forward to seeing some more pics of her in her new home. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the move went smooth.  They'll be ok.  Your new addition, Kessa, is such a dolly!!  She's soooo cute!  
Hope you feel better soon.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Get well soon. The dog looks lovely - have a nice evening

Anonymous said...

Things are now looking up! Your new pup (still a new pup to you, right?) looks absolutely adorable! Good for you for adopting an older dog who has so much love to give you :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))She is such a pretty dog and I like the namme Kessy.I am only watching the half time.lol.My team isnt playing,even thoe its the redskins,I know,I know.they havent done well in a long  long long time.lol.Been a fan ever since I was little.But,really dont care for sports.I guess its because I live in Maryland and they are my team.Have a nice week.

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I know Kessa will keep you company and also give you lots of love....I know she will have a good home with you too...
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

This is a comforting and peaceful entry, Penny. I can hear your sigh, and feel the love you had for those girls. A new leaf has been turned for you and your family. And for Kayla and Lupe. Kessa is absolutely precious. Did you know that Barry has a pair of finches he is trying to breed? I told him about you with the birds. He may be getting in touch with you. Have a great week, Penny. Bea

Anonymous said...

Kessa is so cute, I know she will be a blessing to you.
I am glad that you all will have the time you need for your family now. The nice thing about love is that it last no matter where a person moves too.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny- glad you're starting to feel better.  The puppy is sooooo cute!  She reminds me of my old pup- only mine had  a gray beard and mustache when she got old!!  Anyway- God is amazing in His ways and the way He moves in all circumstances.  I can't imagine what you're feeling right now- but I'm glad you'll all get the chances you need to rest and just 'be'- while the girls are still close enough.  I think that's really cool the way things worked out.  Hope you get all the way better soon- have a Blessed week!  Carolyn :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, your little doggie is so cute!  
Penny, I know I know things must be a little hard to adjust to for a little while, but everything will be fine, and will get better and better.  The Lord has everything under control.  I am glad you will have time to spend as a wife and mother.  Love you lots,

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
I didn't get theis entry earler!
I hope youare over the flu! the puppy is great!
Hey how nice about your nice friend getting sucha nice bed for her! too cool!
love,nat