Saturday, January 6, 2007

Busy Day

Good morning everyone . . . yes, it's still morning where I live It's a bright sunny day, though cool. We are about to sit down to prayer with the girls. This is a special time for us. I remember the prayer requests I've seen in J-Land, and lift them up. First of course we give God all the glory, pray for our family and then for the prayer requests. When we are finished, there is just peace here.

We have been doing some "spring" cleaning around here.We bought junk drawers for Andrea and Kayla. They each had the two top drawers of their dressers full of junk, most of which I would throw away. I am organizing my space in the bedroom. I got rid of two bags of clothing yesterday. I keep things because I like them, then never get rid of them. Yesterday I was hard on myself . . . If I hadn't worn it in the last 6 months and wouldn't wear it in the next . . . out it goes. Some things I hadn't worn in a year or mare. Man! that was hard. I'm a pack rat - probably more than the girls.

I'd like to give you a heads up about a journal I've been following. She doesn't write every day, but I like her alot. She is our own Krissy and Val's sister, Grace. She has a very interesting name for her journal. I am expecting great things from her over the next year. Please drop by and leave a comment and/or put her on your alerts.

Now I have to do my chore for today.I've been procrastinating. I'm praying God's blessing on you all.

<FONTFACE="COMIC size="4" color="#0000ff" MS? Sans>

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu sound a lot like me, Penny.  I get almost all of my clothes through some hand-me-down pipelines I have.  Nice clothes.  Always hard to sort out what to keep and what to pass on to the Christian Care Center.  And once something goes in my closet, I have a very hard time actually tossing it.  I always think, If I get a navy skirt, I might wear this.  Or this is just a little tight, I might be able to wear it in a month or two.  On and on.  And you wouldn't believe how many things that do fit and that I love to wear are hanging there waiting for me to do a little maintenance on them.  Sew a button back on,  Fix a hem that is unraveling.  Geeezzz....did I start to ramble!  Have a great weekend!  -  BArbara

Anonymous said...

Spring cleaning in the winter!  That is a new twist. We put it off as long as we can.  Even skip a spring ever now and then.

I think there are many of us Pack Rat types out there.  We all keep things for different reasons. It is nice to hear that your family enjoys prayer time and considers it a special time of the day.

Anonymous said...

you have the best tags:) have a great sunday:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

It's hard for me to get rid of clothes too.  I always think I might need it someday.  I have to buckle down and just do it too.
I'll go pay Grace a visit.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Good for you that you are purging your closets, Penny!  I need to do that too.  I am going to do that in the next few days.  A very hard thing to do, but very freeing once you do it.

Love you, Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Prayers are ongoing from our house...
It is sunny here now, but soon clouds will roll in with rain storms, overnight...
Spring cleaning is what I am doing today...just cleaned out Will's room of old toys that will go to Salvation Army..he helped.  Sounds like you have been really busy organizing...well, back to work for me, cleaning is my middle name today...have a good day.
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

My husband is a big pack rat too- gets it from his mom.  He won't let me throw anything out until he inspects it first- even if it's something of mine!!!  He did real good today though cleaning outour pump house (well pump and washing machine building) and he threw out a whole pile of stuff!  He came in for a break and said, "Honey, you ought to be proud of me- I've got the back of the truck full!"  I am proud- and proud of you!  I know how hard it is to get rid of stuff.  Anyways- sounds like a nice peaceful morning for you.  God Bless and have a great week!!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit of a pack rat myself, so I know what you mean!
Lori

Anonymous said...

I did some spring cleaning in late summer my room looks like I could /should do it again. Prayer is awsome isn't it, just turning to God brings peace.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
what a lovely entry!
gee those tigers are so adorable! Makes me think of the tigers in Las Vegas!:)
Penny you have such  special spirit; uplifting to all of us, fun loving to the girls and your husband, yet quiet, peacful. It gives us all peace here just knwoing you!
You are such a wonderful friend! hugs! love,nat

Anonymous said...

Hi, I recently did the same thing in the closet. It was very hard to get rid of stuff. I had clothes that I had not worn in God knows how long. I just htrew it in the black bag and went on to the next. I do have to admit there were a "few" things that I held on to but the entire ordeal was hard to do. In the end however my things were a bit more organized and I actually found things that I had forgotten I still had. So it was pretty cool like shopping from my own closet.
Take Care of yourself.
Louise