Thursday, December 7, 2006

Pearl Harbor

              

Is your flag outside today?  Today is the day that will stand forever as our entrance into the second world war.  65 years ago, at Pearl Harbor a surprise attack by the Japanese changed the U.S.A.  forever.  Entombed in Pearl Harbor to this day is the U.S.S. Arizona with her men.  There is still oil slowly bubbling up from below.

Flying our flags today shows that we remember now and will continue to remember the men and women who lost their lives that day.

To learn more about Pearl Harbor Day go to Pearl Harbor Day Remembered or use you own search engine to look it up.

As we remember this day, let us pray for the men and women of the armed forces of the U.S.A. serving around the world.

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We must always remember this day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
Oh my Goodness! It got away from me Penny!
I wish our veterans and our servicemen Best Wishes, Love, Health and Happiness! I will have to psot!
love you, natalie

Anonymous said...

I pray for them often- and I thank Hom for givng some the willingness to serve so selflessly.  I only wish I could have known my Grampa and Father in Law more so I could hear about their experiences.  Thanks for the reminder Penny.  God Bless you, Rob and every other military family. Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a simple, yet beautiful memorial.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Very nice memorial...thank you...hugs and love,
Joyce