Friday, December 29, 2006

I'm taggin' it!

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS Got this at <A href=" ? BlueSkiesandGentleBreezes delela1 journals.aol.com http:>Dona's journal.  She's playing tag, so I guess I am too.  Play along if you like.  Snag here or over at Blue Skies, Gentle Breezes

So I'll bet you thought that was all I was going to write.  Not so!  We'rehere preparing for the New Year.  We don't go out or have a party.  In fact, we're pretty boring.  Back when I drank more than my share . . . in another lifetime . . . I didn't go out either. Always called New Year's Eve "amateur night". 

Rob worked very hard (I helped a bit) to give our laundry room a complete revamp.  New old shelves are up and filled with Christmas decorations, and many other things that had had been relegated to the floor under the clothes rack.  A new closet rod has replaced the bulky clothes rack. The room looks wonderful and gives us storage we desperately needed.

We've set some goals for the new year.  We don't make resolutions because we hate failure.  So we're making a list of the things we would like to accomplish this year if possible.  It will be written down so we can see our progress.  Any changes that need to happen to us will be in God's hands.

I have just one Christmas picture to share.  It was thrilling to see how our Christmas evolved.  We are grateful to God for all the angels in our life.

I tried and tried to put the picture here - to no avail.

We look forward to making the most of each month of the new year, well actually . . . each moment the the Lord gives us live.  I personally am grateful to J-Land for giving me a placeto vent, to share and pray.  You guys are the best. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture is blurry, Penny.  Maybe it's my computer?  I haven't had trouble with other pics today.  
Have a good New Year.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,   I can`t see the photo either. It looks to me as if there are too few pixels in it. Have you resized it?

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Penny....we don't make resolutions either...and we stay home...don't go out...as many have been doing...I am seeing more and more of J-land does the same...I will come back and look at the photo...I am sure it is beautiful...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Happy new year. I am glad that I found your journal this year. We don't go out either and will most likely be asleep when the new year rolls around. I like the way you said goals instead of resolutions.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Penny, I don't go out, it's too cold and too many drunks around! The photo of the girls is lovely, they look so happy! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Im with you Penny in that I am quite boring! I like to stay home and always have haha!  Here's to a nice quiet evening at home...

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Penny ....looks and sounds as if you had a wonderful, blessed Christmas.   I am sooo very happy for you all !  My wish for you and your family is that the New Year will continue to bring you many blessings.  Tina

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, thanks for sharing the wonderful picture.  I also worked in my basement yesterday - just generally cleaning it out.  We are going to church tonight as they have a games evening every year.  It is 2 minutes from home which is really convenient.  Have a wonderful, quiet evening tonight.  ~  Caroline  ~
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/Homeiswheretheheartis

Anonymous said...

I see we're both in the same tag group. LOL
I occ read & once in awhile comment in your journal, but you never come to mine???
HAPPY NEW YEARS! Hope it unfolds only good things for you! {{{ }}}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are certainly making a difference in people's lives; a missionary, raising childern.  Making a difference is what life is all about.  Happy new year.

Anonymous said...

I was in at 10, myself... the babysitter has a life to, and she needed to get to it.... but my husband was drinking via Ice Luge when I left. He came home later (on foot).