Wednesday, December 6, 2006

fun & Games

 I got this from Val at There Is a Season.  Thought I'd play along.  Have you tried it yet?  Just write out your own answers, post and leave your link with Val. 

              

 

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?  Paper

2. Real tree or artificial?   Ours is a pre-lit artificial.  It's very pretty, but I'm going to hang evergreen garlands around for the delicious aroma.

3. When do you put up the tree?  Ours is up - we start decorating the week after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?  Rob wants to take it down almost the day after Christmas.  I prefer to leave it until January 6.

5. Do you like eggnog?  Mmmmmmmmmmmm... YES!  Mine has to be soy, however..
 
6. Favorite gift received as a child?  More likely than not it was a Ginny doll or a Mme. Alexander doll.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?  Yes!  More than one!

8. Hardest person to buy for?  My husband, Rob.  If we have the $$ he pretty much buys it when he wants it.

9. Easiest person to buy for?  Our friend Hank - he's going nautical this year.

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?  I have a few people we will send cards snail mail to - maybe 20 or so.  Some others I will send e-mail because I don't have an address for them.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?  My Auntie Merrie cameto our house to bring gifts. My older sisters got really cool stuff - then Auntie Merrie handed me a small but beautifully wrapped gift.  I couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 years old.  I ripped the paper off and opened the box to reveal a bow-tie!!
 
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?  Mine is "A Christmas Carol"  new or old. color or black and white, it doesn't matter.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?  I start thinking about it in October, buy some in November and buy the rest right up until Christmas Eve.
 
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?  No I haven't

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  Turkey or Roast beef, mince pie with hard sauce, pumpkin roll, veggies with onion sauce, rolls with real butter, eggnog, I could go on forever . . .

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? The more colors, the better

17. Favorite Christmas song(s)?  "The Carol of the Bells"  "O Holy Night"   "Angels We Have Heard on High"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?  Definitely stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?  "On Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, on Comet, Cupid, Donder and Blitzen!"... and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer (copied from Val.  I could only remember three + Rudolph.)
 

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?  We have a star on our tree, but I prefer an angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?  Christmas Day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?  Lack of courtesy.  It seems like everyone is focused on themselves and will walk over you to get what they want.  I have to use an electric cart and people just don't see me.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?  I like the ornaments to reflect who we are.  Rob collects nutcrackers - we have a ton of them.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?  Food, glorious food, hot sausage and mustard.

25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? Absolutely positively!

Thanks, Val.  This was fun to do.  Blessings in Christ,  Penny 

                

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
thank you very much for a most inspiring entry!:):) wonderful! you gave us a brief glimpse into your Christmas joy and a reminder to be kind to others this terribly busy time of year! thank you! hugs and love,natalie

Anonymous said...

I learned more about you penny!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/JoyToTheWorld
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

great answers Penny! xoxBarbara

Anonymous said...

Great answers...loved them...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

While we're in the mood, cold jellies and custard...J ust think about getting fat on all this good food, fabulous food, wonderful food, glorious food... LOL  I love Oliver.  Could watch it a million times.  I loved your answers, love.  Thanks for playing and Merry Christmas, honey!!  Love you!  xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOUBOTH))))))))))))))))))))))I like what you had to say,I will do that laer in my journal.HAve to get ready for my app.HAve a beatiful day.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on number 4.  My husband also wants the tree to come down the day after Christmas, but when I grew up we left it up until Jan. 6.  When my children were little, we had a tradition of having a little party on that date .... The Feast of the Epiphany .... we gave each of them a small gift, after talking about the importance of that particular day.  My kids are grown now, but they still enjoy talking about having that  to look forward to, after all the excitement of Christmas was behind them.  Tina

Anonymous said...

I finally did it here is the link.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Bow tie?..LMAO....still laughing...the worst present I got was chocolate covered raisins....Its not like my body needs to eat those,,,,lol..-Raven