Saturday, December 2, 2006

My Sister Char Sent This . . .

Isn’t it amazing that these things actually appear on packaging. I n Honor of Stupid People . . . In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions o n consumer goods.

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom) -- "Do not turn upside down." (well...duh, a bit late, huh!)

                    

On Sainsbury's peanuts -- "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a news flash)

                         

 

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine -- "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5 year-olds with head-colds off those bulldozers.

                    

 

 On Marks &Spencer Bread Pudding -- "Product will be hot after heating." (...and you thought????...)

                    

                      

On a Sears hairdryer -- Do not use while sleeping. (That's the only time I have to work on my hair.) 

                          

 On a bag of Fritos -- You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (the shoplifter special?)

                                                      

 On a bar of Dial soap -- "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that would be???....)

                 

 On some Swanson frozen dinners -- "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but, it's just a suggestion.)

                              

 On packaging for a Rowenta iron -- "Do not iron clothes on body." (but wouldn't this save me time?)

                             

 

 On Nytol Sleep Aid -- "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (..I'm taking this because???....)

                           

 

 On most brands of Christmas lights -- "For indoor or outdoor use only." (as opposed to what?)

           

 On a Japanese food processor -- "Not to be used for the other use." (now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.) ??????

                                 

 On an American Airlines packet of nuts -- "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts." (Step 3: say what?)

 

                       

 On a child's Superman costume -- "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." (I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)

                       

On a Swedish chainsaw -- "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals." (Oh my gosh..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

                               

and  . . .

                                    

Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread the stupidity to someone you want to bring a smile to (maybe even chuckle)...

I chuckled a lot!

           

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny- Thanks for the crack up! I gotta say- I prefer my Swanson dinners still frozen.  I'll have to tell my hubby to stop using his uh.. you know what to stop his chainsaw.  Didn't know that could be dangerous!!!  Good grief it's amazing.  Reminds me of that Christmas song by (I think it's Jeff Foxworthy) "Here's your Sign".  Have a great weekend and God Bless!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Oh I know why this one is:

On a Sears hairdryer -- Do not use while sleeping. (That's the only time I have to work on my hair.)

I saw it on some show about these things.  Seems some people need some "white noise" to go to sleep by.  And some idoit cut on a hair dryer and laid in on the pillow next to them.  It got hot and caught the house on fire!

Thanks for todays laughs!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

These are too funny!~~~Pam

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))Thanks for the laugh,that was funny.

Anonymous said...

WTG i loved them all:) what has the world come to? LOL

Deb

Anonymous said...

Great big fun reading these... I guess these warnings have been placed because people actually do stupid things with products. Like that McDonald's manager on 20/20 last night who took a phone call from someone posing as a police officer, and she followed his orders... for three hours.... to strip and search an employee... and it gets worse... but I'm not going into details... the young lady was forced to do things, and she did what she was told to do, and the manager never once thought how wrong it was to do this, never thought to call the police to check up on this guy on the phone. She said she was following orders.... my goodness.... Stupid is written all over that one. I hope she wasn't a mother. Sorry for the rant... sometimes stupid is funny, like your entry about stupid warnings for the obvious, but sometimes stupid is just downright against the law!! Love ya, Penny. Bea

http://beta.journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/

Anonymous said...

I think there are some new ones in there since I last saw this!  Looks like you were looking to laugh, like I was.  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I had seen this before and was glad to be able to read it again. LOL.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

It is funny when packaging contains obvious duhs!  LOL  I love the peanut one exclaiming that it contains nuts!  Have a nice Sunday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

LOL :) vicky

Anonymous said...

Oh my... My favorite is the no purchase necessary, see inside for details.  LOL  Thanks for the laugh, Penny! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

SO funny!!!  Thanks for sharing those with us.  It definitely brought a smile to my face.  Hugs, Caroline
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure