Thursday, June 15, 2006

This is Button

I just couldn't stand the house without a noisy bird!  On Sunday afternoon, I called the breeder and she told me she had a Patagonian Conure and might have a Sunday Conure as well.

I drove up to Ojai to her home.  When we went in, she had us wash our hands with antiseptic soap before we came into the bird area.  Lupe found a cat and made friends with him.  She hates birds.  We met a pretty bossy African Grey Parrot and then she introduced us to this bird.  He is waaay larger than our little conures.  The are about 6 8" from head to tail and this guy is about 18" from head to tail. 

He's never had his wings clipped.  He flies around the house and lands on our heads.  He screeches when we leave him out of things.  I fell asleep with him on my head and he . . . pooped in my hair!  Yuck! 

He likes the kids as well.  He seems to be bonding to Robert most of all.  When Rob tells him to go back to the cage, he does it!  He doesn't mind as well for me. . .so I guess Rob is his Alpha Bird.

In about 3 weeks, the little Sunday Conure will be ready for us to take home.  He/she is the type of baby my precious little birds would have had if they had lived.  I have already thought up a name for him, but I won't tell until he comes home.

These beautiful birds won't replace my Dufus, but will go a long way in filling the hole in my heart that she and her mate have left. 

We are so blessed to be able to have these wonderful pets in our home.  We have so much.  We have 3 lovely girls to keep us young, a nice big greyhound, a dove, a pigeon, a Patagonian (or mini-macaw), a cotton tail bunny and best of all, the love of the Lord to fill us up and keep us safe.

Be blessed in the Lord today,

                        

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have quite the character on your hands!  Should bring you many hours of enjoyment...keep taking pics for us!  xoxo

Anonymous said...

dearest Penny
what lovely pcitures lol! Seriously you might want to enter them ina contest Sweetie!
wow ! Im soooooo happy that you got the bird! that's the one in the pcitures right?:):)
love ya,nat
ps have you ever had a Macaw?
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Penny so happy you are happy again!!!! Love to you all,
Betty

Anonymous said...

Hi Button, nice to meet you. He sounds like quite a character! I'm so glad you found another one to love. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

oo what a beaytiful birdie

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures...we used to have Greyhounds, do you race your's?

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

Hello to Button.  Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Glad you found some new birdies!

Krissy at Hope Lodge
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Okay Penny....the bird poop visual is just too much for me.  LOL!

I'm glad you found them...or that they found you.  :)

Hugs,
Gwynn

Anonymous said...

Glad you found a new bird companion.  Love his colours, he is beautiful.  Look forward to meeting the baby when you get him.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

i am truly happy you have this bird! I know it brings joy to your heart.
Love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! YOU ARE BLESSED!!!
LOVE,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

What a cool looking bird!!  Can't wait to see your other one when you get him!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!!  Congratulations on your addition.  :-)

Amy