Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday Pleasantries

             

I was on my way to work on Thursday and decided to stop in a new pet shop nearby.  The store was well stocked with food, toys . . . everything the pet lover would need.  I met up with an Umbrella Cockatoo named Thelma.  She was wonderful.  I also met a lovely and talkative African Grey Parrot.  Meandering through the store, I saw what we needed for the bunny and picked it up and a toy that I just knew Button would like. 

I stepped into the bird room where I saw ring-necked doves like our own Scooter (Rob has been wanting more) and a beautiful bird in the corner said to me, "hello - I love Patrick O'Reilly"  I was fascinated by him.  His colors were so bright and he seemed to be interested in what I was doing.  I put my fingers up to the cage and he nibbled (not bit) on them.  I was falling in love.  I paid for my items and called Rob.  He said to go ahead and get him, so after work, I went back.

His name is Rembrandt or Remy.  He loves to have company and talks constantly.  He was best friend to a woman who became unable to care for him.  The pet store took him on consignment for her.  When Remy was out of the cage, he came to me and climbed to my shoulder.  I carried him up front to pay for him.  The owner brought out a pet carrier to take him home in, boxed up the doves and reached for Remy.  He wouldn't go to her!  She was surprised, but said that I must be his person now.  I carefully took him from my shoulder to the carrier.  He talked all the way home.

This beautiful little guy is a Salvadoran Black-Capped Lory.  He is not a seed eater, rather eats fruit nectar.  He's kind of messy, but I already love him.  He's a great buddy to have.  He even says, "C'mon, give the birdie a kiss".

I'm still looking for the little Sunday conure, but feel content now with our array of pets.  Button has bonded to my husband, goes to the girls and Remy is definitely my bird.

We are taking a well-earned day off today.  All three girls are off with Uncle Eddie until tomorrow.  We are going to be selfish and get a little private time together.  We really need it.  I'm already enjoying it.

Have a blessed day, my friends.  Please keep Lisa Jo in your prayers.

In Him,

             

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you have a new joy in your home...a new bird! I am scared of birds, lol. They'd never come to me but i would enjoy them loving on you. Thank you for your prayers, my friend. I will be fine..i am just weak!!!
love you so,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I never had the inclination to have a bird but I am fascinated by them. Remy is absolutely beautiful !  I'm glad he's found a good home and feels comfortable there.  Linda in hot, sunny Washington state  

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,  Remy is so pretty and he looks really friendly, he must have been waiting for you to come along and take him home.  Recently we saw an African Grey in a car, sitting on the back of the front passenger seat, he was obviously used to being driven around by his owner!  Have a lovely Sunday. :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh, Remy is beautiful, and looks like so much fun!

Krissy at Hope Lodge
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

hi Penny...

Remy is lovely and colourful, I can see you will have a lot of fun and laughter with him...awe! he's gorgeous...

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful friend you have there.

Anonymous said...

I would say the two of you have bonded instantly... I know we are all in for treats now... all the future entries regaling the adorable antics of Remy (he's beautiful!) and Button. I love birds. Bea

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!  Just catching up on some reading and I was so sorry to hear about your experience with the cell phone ... but you must know by now the Lord intervened and made sure you were safe ... that feeling in your tummy?  Love the new additions to your household!  They are lovely and I am sure will bring lots of joy to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Awww what a handsome devil he is!!!   I have wanted a bird for so long and reading about yours doesn't help.  LOL!  

Welcome to the family Remy!!!

Anonymous said...

Remy's a beauty! Lory's are such colourful birds and I just know he loves you already!! I'm so glad you found him. Have a lovely weekend! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

what pretty colors:) enjoy your week

Deb

Anonymous said...

He's a beautiful bird!!  And it's interesting how he bonded with you so fast, isn't it?  Guess he was meant to be yours!
Have a good week.~~~Pamela

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

Remy is beautiful.  Awwwe  time to yourselves!  That's wonderful and you both deserve it!  Tell Remy he has to take a nap! lol

Hugs!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

dear est Penny, awww! Rembrandt is wonderful!
thanks for teh pciture
love,natalie
ps is lisa jo alright?
will pray for her
nat

Anonymous said...

I love this bird, really pretty!  Have a good 4th of July.

Phil